Author Topic: It is IMPOSSIBLE to install !!!!!  (Read 10529 times)

noidat

• View Profile
It is IMPOSSIBLE to install !!!!!
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:06:39 pm »
I have used 2 days -

I have php5.3, apache2, plenty of memory, upload size etc. persmission to files and folders

I follow instructions - i set debug to true - there is no errors
The install completes no problems.

After installation is successfull, i start feng, log inn as admin user, but when i click on somehing nothing happens. I can only click on log out.

i have tried on 2 servers, i try to install feng 1.7, 1.7.4 1.6.2 - no version will run on my server. I have all requirements in order.

I have read all articles on the forum about installing - there is no information anywhere.

There is no javascript errors - no php errors ....

after 2 days - there is no progress and no information from anybody that helps.

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It is IMPOSSIBLE to install !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:08:23 am »
Sounds very strange... Hundreds users had installed FO successful and use it.
And pls give more information about "but when i click on somehing nothing happens". What does it means? For example, can you open administration page?
What happens then you go to http://YOURDOMAIN/index.php?c=administration&a=index ?

noidat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:25:48 pm »
You ask me to tell you what happens - but I said NOTHING happens  ???
When go to the link you said - NOTHING happens
When i press som other link - NOTHING happens

If i press the log out link, i logg out, but this is all that is working.

I have read about this problem in many posts on the forum, but there is no solution in any of the threads about this. Only som suggestions that does not fix the problem.

I have now used 3 days - and it is not possible to get this to run on my server.

I have all kinds of other software running on my server. I have mail server, ftp servers, I have 20 websites, other webbased software - all kinds of things work just fine on this server.

But NOT Fengoffice --

This is starting to feel like a practical joke from the programmers of this ....
I wrote several messages to the programmers, but they answere me that they dont support the cmmunity addition. I said to them that if i can not run the communiy addition - I probable can not run anny other addition - but they still did not wan to help. This is just silly... not very professional. I used 3 days to figure out what this software requires from my server, and nobody can answere me to what that might be.

mmccarn

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:30:31 am »
I'm new to Feng, so...

On my systems, it installed with no problems.  The only challenge was convincing my server to support the InnoDB engine.

I do notice that Feng Office uses way, way, way more javascript than any other web app I've installed -- is it possible that your browser security settings are interfering with Feng's javascript?

I tried to find a firefox add-in that would let me monitor Feng's javascript - I tried the 'web developer' and 'firebug' add-ins, but I don't know enough about web development to figure out what to do with these that might give you any help.

If you can't even open the direct administration URL offered by supadoctor the problem can't be javascript, though.

Do the values in your <FENG ROOT>/config/config.php look reasonable?

Are the permissions on  your feng office files correct - that is, are all of the feng php files "readable" by the user that httpd is using?  (If this were the problem, it should show up in your apache 'error_log' file, but might not show up in <FENG ROOT>/cache/log.php).

noidat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »
Ok - this is day 4 trying to get this to work on my server running:
============================================================
Ubuntu Server 10.04.2 LTS
apache2.2.14
php 5.3.2
mysql 5.1.41-3

I am trying opengoo 1.5 today, to see if some other version might be better.
============================================================
I copy files to server, change mod to 777 on som folders, and run installer, that gives me this status in step 2:

* OK: PHP version is 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7
    * OK: 'mysql' extension is loaded
    * OK: 'gd' extension is loaded
    * OK: 'simplexml' extension is loaded
    * OK: /config is writable
    * OK: /cache is writable
    * OK: /upload is writable
    * OK: /tmp is writable

In step 3 I type inn correct database password, select innoDB, etc. and I get this status in step 4:

Step 4: Finish

Installation process:

* Database connection has been established successfully
    * InnoDB storage engine is supported
    * Tables created in 'opengoo'. (Executed queries: 77)
    * Initial data imported into 'opengoo'. (Executed queries: 11)
    * Configuration data has been successfully added to the configuration file
    * File installed_version.php created successfully

Success!

=========================================================
But it is NOT woking - it is not possible to click on anything.

There is nothing in any logg files on my server. Yes, i know how to turn on logging. Nothing in opengo/fengoffice log, and nothing in any other logg files, and I am tracking everything on this server at the moment.

This is a complete joke...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:48:34 pm by noidat »

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:26 am »
What about browser? Try different one.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:32:23 am »
Noidat, there is no need to be rude about not being able to run Feng Office properly.

This is what you have said in other thread:
I can pay for support, but only if it is possible to run this program om my server...

And this is what you say now:

This is starting to feel like a practical joke from the programmers of this ....
I wrote several messages to the programmers, but they answere me that they dont support the cmmunity addition. I said to them that if i can not run the communiy addition - I probable can not run anny other addition - but they still did not wan to help. This is just silly... not very professional. I used 3 days to figure out what this software requires from my server, and nobody can answere me to what that might be.

Unfortunately we do not count with the time to support and help every single person who cannot install Feng Office in their servers, so that is why Feng Office team told you that if you want personal support you need to subscribe.

Either way, the problem you are experiencing is not that common, that is why you are not able to find much information about it, and without ssh access to your server and not knowing what is going on, it is hard to tell too.

Best regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:39:47 pm by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

asylumtheory

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:06:39 pm »
noidat,

What browser are you using? Also do you have any ad blocking or script stopping add-ons to your browser?
It sounds like you have an application such as ad-block plus or no-script running. On your system.

Something is blocking the javascript from functioning.

Everything is telling you that the installation is good, so more than likely there is an outside factor that is being overlooked.

Please do not respond like you have in the previous posts, or I will not bother to help you anymore if I can.

Dave

noidat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:37 am »
Quote from: franponce87
Noidat, there is no need to be rude about not being able to run Feng Office properly.

I can pay for support, but only if it is possible to run this program om my server...

I contacted Feng Office - to bye Feng Onsite - (not community) but the only trial I could get was sky version. In other words, not possible to get a trial to test if this can run on my server.

I end up trying to install the community edition – because you people don’t want the hassle of helping you customers to get answers to questions like: Is it possible to run this on my server ?

The equivalent is to bye a new shirt, but the person selling you the shirt tells you that you can not try it on to see if it fits you – until after you pay for it. How many shirts do you think this stupid person is going to sell??

Who is rude ???

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »

I contacted Feng Office - to bye Feng Onsite - (not community) but the only trial I could get was sky version. In other words, not possible to get a trial to test if this can run on my server.

I end up trying to install the community edition – because you people don’t want the hassle of helping you customers to get answers to questions like: Is it possible to run this on my server ?

The equivalent is to bye a new shirt, but the person selling you the shirt tells you that you can not try it on to see if it fits you – until after you pay for it. How many shirts do you think this stupid person is going to sell??

Who is rude ???

Still thinking you are not rude? :)

Either way, I have already replied your mail. And just so you know, there is no such thing as 'onSite trial version'.. you can install the Community version and consider that one as a trial version if you'd like to

Regards,
Francisco

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 05:07:02 am »

Boy, if you have got the community version of FengOffice, "you got your shirt to try" whether it fits or not. But for many posts - with less respect to readers then expected -  you have hassled to try to tell us, why the shirt does not fit.

We all know now, that your shirt does not fit. But please tell us - in a proper way - whats wrong with your shirt on your body, because the shirt fits to a lot of other people.

The success of communication depends on the sender ... and not on the receiver. Choose your word carefully!

cheers
markus

lincolnkai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:11 pm »
I am beginning to agree and understand where "noidat" is coming from.  Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate free open source developments.  I also believe that FO is and/or can be a great product.  However, like many other products, the product is only as good as the support behind the product.  I also, had similar and/or same issues when installing FO.  I have searched the forums and still continue to do so for a solution to the issues.  Still no luck.  I even ran "debug" as mentioned in the forums.  Like "noidat", I also attempted numerous times to conduct fresh installs to see if the issue persists or if it actually goes away.  I contacted FO for support regarding this matter as well, and no replies.  I understand that FO support needs to focus and dedicate their time to paid customers.  That's just business.  However, I believe that they fail to realize, that developers and end users that utilize their open source apps, are actually saving them valuable time and resources by conducting testing and reporting matters.  Developers and end users are actually a very valuable commodity and investment; and should thus be given more attention and courtesy regarding matters.  I actually found an answer to one of the issues I was having on a non-affiliate website (http://petermoulding.com/feng_office).  If you read his comments on this site regarding FO, you would also see that issues and matters that quite a few of us have been having, are actually quite common, and not uncommon.  You will also notice on his site, that he also shares our same views regarding FO support and/or limited of.  Obviously, I do not agree with how "noidat"  went about asking for help, but again, I can definitely see where he is coming from with his frustration.  Case in point, I have posted a couple of issues myself on here, and have seen numerous views, but amazingly, not one person has had the same experience and solution for the issues.  I find it really hard to believe.  Heck, if this was a "Wordpress" or "Joomla" forum, there would be numerous advice, help, and support regarding matters within the first 10 minutes of posting.  What ever happen to helping your fellow man eh?  What is with all the "hush hush" pertaining to FO anyways?  I got news for FO, the cat is out of the bag; great product idea, but lack functionality, follow-through, and obviously, support.  More and more users are starting to realize this fact and are spreading the word fast.  Does not look good on the horizon for FO from a business stand-point.  FO should appreciate that developers and end users are even remotely interested in testing their open source products.  Besides, how does FO even know if the end user perhaps may be a sneaky, stealthy, super ninja product reviewer anyways???

(Awaiting for this post reply to be removed now...)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »
@Markus: That is exactly what I meant. Thanks!

@lincolnkai: Believe me when I say we are trying hard to improve Feng Office in all ways. Regarding the installation, most people (I dare say 95% or so) have no problem to install it.. so if there is a problem at the installation, it usually is because of the server settings. Without having access to a server, how would one know what the problem is? In case one would, how much time would one have to spend solving all these problems and such? Now multiply that for many other users.. plus the bug fixings, developments, etc. Everything takes a lot of time, and unfortunately, we do not have it, so yes, people subscribed to Feng Office have the top priority regarding support.
We do appreciate that people like Feng Office and test it, and some of them report issues. But then again, some issues take long hours to be solved and the list may go on and on.
We do help out Feng Office Community edition users, but we do have limists as well. Besides, this is quite an active Community overall, but not everyone participates of it. They just get the software, ask for help and go away. In my humble opinion more users should be able to help answering questions and not wait for official Feng Office members do that. The same goes for translations, updating the Wiki documentation, developing FAQs, etc. as well as bug reports.. it would be great if more people would be able to report bugs along with their fixes. I am not saying there are not such users, of course, but I do find a lack of them.

By the way, your reply will not be removed, I do not get why would you think of that.

Best regards,
Francisco

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 07:38:57 pm »
I have read all the correspondence and he has still not replied as to what browser he is using.

I have great respect for the restraint you have shown in replying to this rant.

My suspicion is that he might be running IE9.
I have two working installations of FengOffice on hosted servers and they work fine with Chrome and Firefox but I have just discovered that my newly updated IE9 browser does not allow clicking on workspaces.  Nothing happens.

Though I can select the various tabs across the top.
Could this be an incompatibility with IE9?
---
Steve H.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:27:40 am »
shodgman, I have replied you in the other thread in order no to mix things up with this one

Best regards,
Francisco