Author Topic: UI issue: Pending Tasks  (Read 4705 times)

Number8

• View Profile
UI issue: Pending Tasks
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:23:33 pm »
On the Overview page, each item listed under "Pending Tasks" has a link labeled "Complete".  This looks like a status indicator rather than an action to take.  Perhaps changing the text to "Mark as Completed" would make the link's action more apparent?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:40:30 pm by Number8 »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: UI issue: Pending Tasks
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »
Agree 100%.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:21:12 am »
Yes, I also really agree with this. Have had problems with colleagues understanding this. Would be a great fix to do.

hhf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:07:36 am »
Me too. First I saw that, I thought the co-worker had already completed the task I assigned a minute ago. Little bit confusing.

nexxer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:08:38 pm »
I too noticed some confusion over this when I first introduced a co-worker to opengoo tasks.

Why not mimic the display in the Tasks tab, with the checkbox icon on the left with the "Complete" word? It gives an extra hint of what's going to happen.

To make it clearer and avoid confusion on whether it's a verb or adjective, perhaps substitute "Complete" with "Finish", "End", or "Close"?

On the other hand, well selected icons are known to convey such common actions effectively on their own. Why not simply remove the word and leave an icon in its place? The only drawback I can think of is making the click target shorter, which hampers usability (Fitt's Law).

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:38 pm »
Regarding alternative words, "Close" could be confusing as it normally refers to closing a window. I think 'complete' is the best word mentioned so far to describe the action, its just used /positioned in a confusing way at the moment.