Author Topic: features for 1.3  (Read 5660 times)

joost

• View Profile
features for 1.3
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:37:40 pm »
Just upgraded to 1.2 and. sorry to say, I am missing a couple of things. Hopefully the following can make it in 1.3...

1) in the overview screen, some items are shown, others are not (like the links). I really would like to be able to see an overview with more boxes, so you can see in one quick view if there are links, or appoitments, or mail, or....

2) the items you see in the overview are from ALL the underlaying workspaces, not the current workspace. This means that, what you do see in the overview, might belong to a workspace 5 levels deeper. Since I am filling my workspaces up pretty quick, the overview has no meaning anymore. Please allow as an option for the admin to set it in such a way that only items in the current workspace show, not the items from all the underlaying workspaces.

3) spreadsheet coming in 1.3?

Despite the above - this is a great piece of software and I thank you (all) for all your efforts!
Joost Mineur

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: features for 1.3
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:04:38 am »
Hi Joost,

We stopped adding features to 1.3 last week, so these won't make it to that release, but I'll add them for a future release.

Thanks.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:38:05 pm »
1) in the overview screen, some items are shown, others are not (like the links). I really would like to be able to see an overview with more boxes, so you can see in one quick view if there are links, or appoitments, or mail, or....

2) the items you see in the overview are from ALL the underlaying workspaces, not the current workspace. This means that, what you do see in the overview, might belong to a workspace 5 levels deeper. Since I am filling my workspaces up pretty quick, the overview has no meaning anymore. Please allow as an option for the admin to set it in such a way that only items in the current workspace show, not the items from all the underlaying workspaces.

3) spreadsheet coming in 1.3?

Despite the above - this is a great piece of software and I thank you (all) for all your efforts!

Hi Joost,

About topic 1
We are aware the widget for links is missing. This should be added soon. Please check the "View as list" option at the Overview. Maybe that view is more suited for your needs.

About topic 2
This could probably be solved by changing the way you organize the information in OpenGoo. I searched for a link of a discussion I had with someone with this need, but it is late, I need to live a little, so I am giving up for today.  :P

I found this link though, that might be of some help.

Maybe you could post how you are organizing your info here (The WSs and sub-WSs structure) and we could analyze it.

About topic 3
Oh boy.

About the last -unnumbered- statement
Our pleasure!  ;D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »
Hi conrado and ignacio,

can you give us a little overview which feature will come with version 1.3 and  what's you timetable for this.

Version 1.2 is very great, so we can wait a little time...

joost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:30:01 am »
Hello Conrada,

I was gone for a week and couldn't reply to your answers/suggestions, but here we go:

Sub 1) view as a list: I don't think so. It is not sorted and it makes looking for what you need way to complicated. I think the dashboard is excellent and just needs some work to make it more excellent. Just for completeness, because I think I asked/suggested this earlier: eacht dashboard should have a scrollbar so you can see what is in the dashboard widget without hitting the 'Show more (5)' so many times (and you don't always want to expand the widget - scrolling is nicer! Also, a nice touch would be for the administrator to be able to set the default number of items showing in each widget. And, allow for specifying in which order you want to see the widgets on the screen...

Sub 2) I followed the link and I have to agree with Rob Portinga - you should be able to turn of (prefereably in the setup, but per workspace is OK if it will be 'remembered' on the next login) the showing of items of lower level workspaces. The information showing in my widget (or in the list view)  when I select 'company 1' (see below) is just not relevant if you have many workspaces.

This is more or less what my structure looks like:

Joost
      IT
            snippets
            info
            numbers
            literature
      Software project notes

Company 1
      logo's
      sales docs

Company 2 - management
      printed matters
      DVD inof
      health project
      logo's
      etc.
      etc..

Company 2 - all
      instruction docs
            lic. 1
            lic. 2
            lic. 3
            exams
            special
      material specs
            brand 1
            brand 2
            brand 3

Company 3
         IT
         other

Trash

Thank you for your thoughts about these items.
Greetings,
Joost

Joost Mineur