Author Topic: Upgrading step by step needed?  (Read 3461 times)

Sachiel

• View Profile
Upgrading step by step needed?
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:41 am »
Is it safe to upgrade from 1.1 beta to the current stable release (1.2)? Or is it mandatory to go from 1.1beta to 1.1 stable, anb so on?

I ask it because on the wiki it states:

Upgrade only to the next higher version - never leave out a version. For example if you are using OpenGoo 0.7 and want to upgrade to OpenGoo 1.0, then you must run the upgrade procedure three times (first from 0.7 to 0.8, then from 0.8 to 0.9, and finally from 0.9 to 1.0).

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upgrading step by step needed?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:04:13 pm »
i think it's worth a try to directly upgrade to the current version.
i did an upgrade vom 1.1 beta to 1.2 rc2 withou a problem (just upload all files and run the upgrade program).

as you make a backup before upgrade (at least you should do, no matter where you upgrade from) the worst thing you have to do is using this backup and then do a step by step upgrade. (remember to backup the database, too when doing an upgrade to a higher major version!!)

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading step by step needed?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 01:54:32 pm »
Hi, that wiki statement is outdated (I'll correct it soon). On previous versions when you ran the upgrade process you had to run it one time from version A to B and one more from B to C. Now just by telling OpenGoo to upgrade from A to C OpenGoo will know that it will have to first upgrade from A to B and then from B to C.