Author Topic: Blackberry / mobile notification  (Read 2770 times)

tamalita

• View Profile
    • Enchanted Graphics
    • Email
Blackberry / mobile notification
« on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:19 pm »
I have been using a system for managing my contacts/calendar/todo/time tracking/etc that syncs with my Blackberry. It's been working, but has not been able to grow and keep up with my needs. So,for the past two weeks I've been using OpenGoo and I love it. I think I already said that earlier :)

Anyway, one of the things I'm curious about is the ability to sync any of the data with my Blackberry. I'd also like to try and avoid having my data spread out in different programs.  I'd also like to minimize then number of times and places that I enter data.

For example: contacts. I plan to just keep current client projects in OpenGoo, so there is probably not a need to keep this sync'd with my Blackberry.  But it also means that I probably need to continue to update my client information in my OpenGoo installation as well as in my desktop contact management system.

Tasks: I have been able to keep my tasks updated on my Blackberry by sync'ing with my desktop program. I'm actually really expanding how I set up my tasks, with the use of milestones. So --- I'm not 100% certain that I want to keep all of this data on my Blackberry. However, if I am out and about and come up with a task that I add to my Blackberry --- is there a way of getting that into OpenGoo? For now, I think I'll just manually transfer such things into OpenGoo. But that could be redundant.

Calendar: I rely totally on being able to sync my desktop app with my Blackberry calendar. I'm moving into using OpenGoo exclusively --- but need to be able to update my Blackberry. Will the OpenGoo calendar import/export into google calendar or ics format?
Tamalita
Enchanted Graphics
Feng Office 1.7.3.1
Linux/PHP 5.2.14/MySQL 5.0.91

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Blackberry / mobile notification
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:21 am »
Hi,

OpenGoo for the moment supports importing and exporting contacts in CSV format, and importing/exporting calendar events in vCalendar iCalendar format (the format used by google calendar). Nevertheless, this importing exporting has to be done manually. There is no automatic syncing yet, though we are looking forward to it too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:17:53 pm by ignacio »

tamalita

• View Profile
    • Enchanted Graphics
    • Email
Re: Blackberry / mobile notification
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:17 pm »
thank you .... even some form of syncing is good to have! thanks very much!
Tamalita
Enchanted Graphics
Feng Office 1.7.3.1
Linux/PHP 5.2.14/MySQL 5.0.91