Author Topic: Make this project EDU friendly!  (Read 5884 times)

danursuline

• View Profile
Make this project EDU friendly!
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:17 pm »
Man I see this being an amazing project, but would like add somethings to it to make it VERY usable in education!

Work with LDAP ( Active Directory)
Let people set their document storage location to a webdav share.  Since many schools that use MS/AD and Fileservices also provide webdav access to student files, this would be an awesome tool if you could link directly to a webdav location.  Imagine - students can work at school as normal using their computers etc, and have full access to their personal filespace that is on our file servers etc.  But from anywhere gain access to those files and have them fully editable VIA the web from OpenGoo.  This would be awesome!

Just my 2c but I think you have something amazing here, and it could really help in education.  Creates a good migration path to true cloud computing in the education environment! 

The end result would be to deploy linux to the users, and have them do everything through the web, and bypass all MS licensing all together, except for Business related SIS systems etc...

Just some input - GREAT product!

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Make this project EDU friendly!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:38:44 pm »
There's a volunteer working on integrating LDAP support to OpenGoo, though this is coming out slowly. Maybe if someone is willing to sponsor this feature we can get it out faster. If someone wants to sponsor this please contact us at http://www.fengoffice.com.

Thanks.

cguyer

• MSN Messenger - colby_guyer@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - excag03
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - excag18
    • View Profile
    • TIU11
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:34:24 pm »
this might be a possibility and some collaboration could definitely go on, first off though we have a request in for the sponsorship of a gantt feature.  ;)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »
this might be a possibility and some collaboration could definitely go on, first off though we have a request in for the sponsorship of a gantt feature.  ;)
Nicolas told me about your request. It would be great to have development of the gantt features sponsored!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Goudal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:56:56 am »
Btw EDU friendly would be nice with CAS (from JAsig) integration...
Once LDAP is there it's not difficult.