Author Topic: Usability of OpenGoo  (Read 5234 times)

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Usability of OpenGoo
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:46:25 am »
I don't know if this is the right place for this topic.

OpenGoo is a great software. Now I have a second installation for a very different user group. But there is one problem: The usability.

Those users (except one who uses basecamp) are absolutely not used to using an online collaboration platform and find the usability of OpenGoo quite hard and confusing.

I would suggest to have something like a "Simple/Advanced" setting in OpenGoo like in some other desktop software.

Karl

PS: Maybe you have some recommendations how to setup OpenGoo to make it more simple to use.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Usability of OpenGoo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:48 am »
Usability is top priority.

All suggestions in this subject are very welcome.

We are all ears!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:09:16 pm »
Most user don't find their way because they feel overloaded with the content and don't know how to look for important things.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:54:59 pm »
I have experienced the same. Even those people new to OpenGoo but who have used basecamp a lot, find OpenGoo 'overwhelming' and 'not as intuitive' as basecamp. I'm finding it quite difficult to convince these people its worth the switch.

A 'simple' setting might be good. And designing for simplicity of interface always important (as I'm sure you strive for anyway).

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02:58 pm »
NB Being able to turn modules 'on' and 'off' now is a great feature for this. But I suppose the 'simple/advanced' feature would enable you to keep any of the modules but strip out a lot of the features that go with them:

e.g.  A 'simple' new note would:

* remove: 'workspace' options (just post the note in the workspace you're currently in)
* remove 'tags', 'options', 'custom properties' options (not essential)
* have 'Subscribers' check boxes visible by default  -
* not sure about 'Linked Objects', seems important but its not simple to use :-)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:20 am »
A 'simple' setting might be good. And designing for simplicity of interface always important (as I'm sure you strive for anyway).

You are right: this is very important for us, and we constantly strive for it.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:52 am »
e.g.  A 'simple' new note would:

* remove: 'workspace' options (just post the note in the workspace you're currently in)
* remove 'tags', 'options', 'custom properties' options (not essential)
* have 'Subscribers' check boxes visible by default  -

This is exactly the kind of feedback I was going to request in this thread!

Specific examples are the most helpful (Note then; I am not quoting the last point  :P )

Thanks!

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:06 pm »
OK, if you like I could try and put some more thorough and considered thought into this side of things?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 06:53:42 pm »
OK, if you like I could try and put some more thorough and considered thought into this side of things?

Absolutely!