Author Topic: How to integrate opengoo with other site?  (Read 11839 times)

yamini

• View Profile
How to integrate opengoo with other site?
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:50 am »
How to integrate the site with opengoo?
The user registered on the site can also get the access of the opengoo as the user, is it possilble?

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Re: How to integrate opengoo with other site?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:58:38 pm »
For me it seems that it is not possible. Maybe in some future releases?

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »
Something for the developers to consider,

Check out FlashChat (www.tufat.com)

The developer took great pains to allow the chat to be easily integrated into a number of forums, CMS systems as well as a method for linking to other user bases as long as you know the database table structure.

Might be something to look at for OG for the future.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

pmaxx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 03:52:10 pm »
Integrating different applications always requires a certain amount of "custom code" to bring them together.  One thing I noticed about OpenGoo when I installed it, is you can specify a prefix for the names of the DataBase tables.  When integrating LAMP applications, one common technique is to have the applications use the same database.  Each app uses a different prefix for the table names so there can be no problems if the apps have the same names for tables.  XRMS (an open source CRM app) and OWL (an oopoen source doc. storage app) were integrated to give XRMS greater doc. management capabilities, and that is what they did.  You had to install both apps tables in the same DB.

Just as an aside, I'm moving away from XRMS to OpenGoo.  XRMS is very powerful, but not really working for me.  When I upgraded my server, I could not move my documents stored in XRMS.  I don't know what the problem was, but it forced me to look elsewhere.  The UI in OpenGoo is deceptively simple.  I continue to be impressed with the thoughtful feature set.  Document storage with versioning!  I LOVE it!

- Paul

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:42:34 pm »
Paul is right in his comments, considering OpenGoo is not currently the easiest app to integrate with.

We would like to have an API so that external developers can access OpenGoo information in a more de-coupled (is this the term?) way. But current focus is on improving current OpenGoo features, usability, and performance (besides adding the features that get sponsored).

@Paul: Thanks for such nice comments!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

pmaxx

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:28:02 pm »
Greetings!

Just a quick note (I know this is not the focus right now),  XRMS (hosted at sourceforge) has a really flexible api.  It facilitates plugins and remote procedure calls.  There are probably 15 or 20 plugins, including one that integrates OWL (a php/mysql document storage app).  Anyone looking for api ideas might want to take a look at that code.  It is a MySQL/PHP app.  Don't let the 2007 (2006?) stable release date fool you.  CVS is production ready.

It's a powerful crm app, but I had issues with the UI, and when the files wouldn't migrate, well, here I am!

- Paul

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »
Noted!  ;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

taufiqdede

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 06:41:06 am »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »
We have successfully integrated FengOffice with SocialEngine 3.18 and also PHPIzabi.

We can easily integrate with any user database and cookie method you have on a PHP program that uses MySQL.

If funds are opened for this, I can write a tutorial for it.  It's rather lengthy, but simple process after we spent HOURS deciphering this hellish code.

Feel free to check out our Feng Integration here: www.themov.org

And you can click on the Beaker icon to access the Feng portion once you are logged in :)
Owner of HardMagic Publishing