Author Topic: Archive workspace  (Read 16968 times)

Murz

• View Profile
Re: Archive workspace
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:07 am »
Maybe better is change the state of workspaces instead of Archive/noArchive?

For example: Planned, In progress, Paused, Completed, Archived.
And add tabs or selectlist in workspaces widget for filter workspaces by this states?

Or add labels for workspaces instead of mark as archive (In development, Designing, Testing) and add filter by it to workspaces widget.

At now there are only custom filter by name for widgets and I can't find any method to filter workspaces by some property. And when the workspaces are many, the usability is bad.

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 07:19:25 pm »
I think it would be very interesting if you could archive the workspace, create a file with it, download a removed it from the Opengoo Database.

So that you also have the possibility to restore it after a while.
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en español

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:56 pm »
OpenGoo 1.6 will introduce archiving.

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 05:18:33 am »

That's great!!! I am really excited with this new release and I know that the whole developers team is working hard to get it ready.

Thank your for your great work!!!
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en español

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 07:23:47 am »
I've just read on this forum: It will be included in OG 1.6  ;D
Thanks!!

seraphim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29:43 am »

Absolutely great!

I'm currently working with 1.6 RC and I found the option to archive workspaces. I did it for testing purpose and found the following:

This archived workspace contained some mails and one note. After archiving the workspace the contained emails were display as normal mails without any workspace assignment! Via the search function I found the note of this workspace too, but in the detail view it looked like a normal note without any workspace assignment, too. There was the "archive it" option, too.

I'm a little bit confused by now. I thought, I could archive the entire workspace with one click and every object assigned to it gets archived too. But maybe I'm wrong? After I moved the workspace from archive back, every object it contained got visible again as before, as if the workspace was not archived.

Maybe I have to archive every object in the workspace at first, and then I can archive the workspace?

Or is the "archive workspace" feature in 1.6 RC not fully implemented?

Greetings
seraphim

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »
I haven't played with 1.6, but it makes sense to me if you archive a workspace, all objects within that workspace should be archived by default as well.

(of course someone is bound to eventually want to be able to selectively archive all objects within the workspace...)

Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

seraphim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:47 am »
I haven't played with 1.6, but it makes sense to me if you archive a workspace, all objects within that workspace should be archived by default as well.

Yes, this is exactly the point I mean.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 06:12:32 pm »
As 1.6 final is out today, we'll both be testing this out!
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

seraphim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 12:04:53 pm »
Hi pet, thanks for your reply.

I think you should take out a big hammer and use it against my head ;)
because my question was somewhat silly.

Sure, automatic archiving of all assigned objects of a workspace would be fine. But I now ask myself: What should happen to objects which are attached to more than one workspace?

It wouldn't be helpful if objects get archived when they are needed for other workspaces. I thought about it if OpenGoo would ask me "Hey, would you archived all affected objects, too?" on archiving workspace, but I don't think it the right way.

Currently I see no other solution, I archive alle affected objects first, and later the workspace itself gets archived.

Greetings
seraphim

seraphim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 06:21:48 am »
Hi,

what do you think about the following (see attached image):

Archived workspaces should never really disappear from the list, but if they get marked as archived, they could be switched visible/invisible at a click.

In the image I symbolized it with a checkbox above.

This idea is born because if a project is getting done I archive it's workspace. Sometimes later some questions/further mails etc. come in. Actually I would search the workspace in archive, un-archive it, assign the incoming mails and archive it again.

Sure, I could wait some time after a project is done until the workspace will be archived at last, but after x days?

niggoledde

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:49 am »
this would be great. because we often have the problem that we have to look after informations in an archived project.
and now i can't search the archived objects and can't see the hole workspace-structure. so i have to un-archive look for the info and archive it again...