Author Topic: Tasks, Subtasks, & Templates  (Read 3073 times)

editfish

• View Profile
Tasks, Subtasks, & Templates
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »
The tasks and subtasks are amazingly easy to use and organize.  However, when I try to create a task template to recreate frequently used groups of tasks, I can't seem to get subtasks to work correctly.

The wiki (http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/tasks) contains outdated information, which doesn't help.  (And what are the parameters for?)

Any suggestions or guidance on how to get my brain around it would be greatly appreciated!   ::)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tasks, Subtasks, & Templates
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »
We have improved and fixed some things regarding templates use for the next release.

Regarding the wiki, we are aware it is outdated, but then again.. it IS a WIKI.. everyone is welcomed to help with its maintenance.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

editfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:17:27 pm »
Your reply does not really answer my question, but does lead me to understand that the next release should be more intuitive?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »
when I try to create a task template to recreate frequently used groups of tasks, I can't seem to get subtasks to work correctly.

This is what it will be fixed and improved. That is what I meant.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

editfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:50:12 pm »
Thanks for clarifying, Francisco.  I'm still working on my [rather lengthy] task and won't be in a position to copy it into a template for a bit yet.  I'll keep my eyes open for the next release!