Author Topic: MP3 files can not be uploaded ?!?  (Read 1981 times)

setekh

• View Profile
MP3 files can not be uploaded ?!?
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:25:21 am »
I get error message when try to upload an MP3 file, as i somewhere saw that there are strings like : song: ; author : and so on.. I was thinking that there is some functionality that deals especially with music files, but ...
I will check my web serv. settings as i was wrong with the zip function :) i may be wrong again ...

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: MP3 files can not be uploaded ?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:00:58 am »
You should be able to upload MP3 files, but it has to be smaller than the maximum upload size. To increase the maxium upload file, if you are using the filesystem to store files (default) then you need to set a higher value to some PHP config options. For example, to set a 10 MB file limit:
Code: [Select]
max_execution_time = 300
post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 10M
This can be done in a php.ini file in the root of OpenGoo. The max_execution_time determines how long a PHP script will run. The higher the better for safe uploads, but your hosting usually imposes a limit to this value. The other two are self explanatory.

If you are using the databse to store files you need to additionally set a MySQL config option called 'max_allowed_packet' to something greater than 10 MB.

setekh

• View Profile
Re: MP3 files can not be uploaded ?!?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »
I know about the size restrictions - it's not that ?  Funny ? I will find it, just not have the time right now - i guess it's just me than - it's something in the web server config then ... Thanks