Author Topic: Discussions  (Read 16626 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Discussions
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »
@Karl: In the short term, and in terms of features, you are probably going to see more of 1 and 2.

Not "all-in-one-for-everyone" but "all-in-one-for-some" and "a-bunch-in-one-for-many". Hope that explains it.  :)

We are not currently focusing on "Productivity" features, like document edition, but a lot more on the "Management" features.

@WiZaxx: Your positive feedback and criticism is very valuable. Please keep it coming!

@Rambling:
"CRM" features being thought out are not quite similar to today's most popular CRM software packages. I find this section at Wikipedia's CRM definition very good in explaining the different tasks that CRM deals with.

I see Feng Office a good fit for Marketing departments (ie: planning a Marketing campaign), Customer Service and Support (Not for every company, but for many), Collaboration (obviously), and Small Business with the do-it-all managers/owners.

Feng Office is -still, and probably for some good time- not the appropriate tool for complex analytics, nor sales force automation (though we know of a few cases that find it good enough for these tasks).
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »
@Karl: In the short term, and in terms of features, you are probably going to see more of 1 and 2.

Not "all-in-one-for-everyone" but "all-in-one-for-some" and "a-bunch-in-one-for-many". Hope that explains it.  :)

We are not currently focusing on "Productivity" features, like document edition, but a lot more on the "Management" features.

OK, fine. From my point of view then it should be completed at least with some of the (in my opinion) primary features of a collaboration & project management tool:
  • a discussion module/feature (besides the "notes")
  • a "who is online/last online" display with maybe a simple chat solution
  • Gantt charts

I was one of the people who asked for a CRM capability months ago but then I went to vtiger just for the CRM. In my opinion the primary goal should be polishing the features of the primary function which is collaboration and then going to improve secondary features.

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 01:44:13 pm »
This discussion went to quite different topic. I would liek to get it right at the begining.

Well, I am just starting to implement Feng Office. Comments on objects is functionality we recognized as very useful and we planned to base our collaboration using it.

Now, I found out that actually there is no option to see what are the latest comments, so we cannot track actual discussions we have within application.

We are relly not demanding, we do not need formatting, nesting or other fancy feature. All we need is ability to enter comments on objects and option to get those comments listed so we can track actual discussions - basically, we need to se at least  what are new comments since last login.

This is basic. Can yo provide such option? If not, can you provide any help to someone else willing to try to make such option? There is no usable API documentation one can use, so if you do not want to do it, you should at least teach us how to do it on our own.

It is surprising that request for such basic and essential option are still not satisfied.

gwest39

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 01:07:26 am »
I posted a topic in the Feature Requests forum on a possible way I think would work to create a discussions or forum feature in Feng Office.

Discussions Tab and Topic Objects
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4798.0