Author Topic: Client Company Admin  (Read 3358 times)

Electric

• View Profile
Client Company Admin
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:17:44 am »
I'm not able to find a solution to this in the forums so please forgive me if repeated.

I'm trying to assign a user as a Client Company Administrator so they can add users and other administrative features for their Client Company only.  I create a user as an Admin and the account shows a link to "Administration" but when clicked, it give the "You don't have permissions..." message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Andrew

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Client Company Admin
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:21:54 pm »
Hi,

For the moment there can't be Client Company Administrators. What you are looking for is a user that is an administrator for that client company, but not for the rest of the system. Now there only are system-wide administrators. If you are OK with the client user being an administrator for the whole system you could create him another user as an Owner Company administrator, so that when he needs to perform administrative tasks like creating a user for his company he logs in with that user and perform the tasks. But keep in mind that you are giving him full administrator permissions.

We have as a task for version 1.3 to revise how permissions are defined, so either for 1.3 or 1.4 we should have improve how this works.

Thanks for posting