Author Topic: send email to create a task  (Read 5731 times)

columbusgeek

• View Profile
    • Email
send email to create a task
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:12 pm »
We have no plans of ever moving away from our email system and putting it within opengoo.  It's not that we dont trust it, it's just that we have our system setup in a very specific way and it works excellent for us.  Moving it to Goo would not make sense.

Now, that being said, with some other systems we have enjoyed the ability to compose a email and send it to our task manager and it converts it into a task.

So, if the admin needs me to do something, he sends a email to a specific email address, and it pops up as a properly formatted task within Goo.  This works great for the people who like to task out jobs in the bathroom with their phone, or on the road.  :D

That's just something we would like to see someday.

pixelprodigy

• View Profile
Re: send email to create a task
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:07 am »
I second this one, its something I used allot in our other systems and is porbably what I miss the most. If I have an email that needs attention, I can copy a specific email address and it will not only respond to the person but also task it in opengoo.

For some insight on how this works, in for example "5pm project" each project is given an email address which can be copied to the address book and used to send to it. I guess in opengoo it would be the space or preferably the milestone..

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: send email to create a task
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:11:41 pm »
This would be very nice to have, and probably become a feature of OpenGoo someday. Though I do not think it will be in the nearest future.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.