Author Topic: Developers for Hire?  (Read 6986 times)

rs

• View Profile
Developers for Hire?
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:20:43 am »
First let me say I love this application. I've offered to donate money, but was unfortunately informed cash donations are not accepted =(

My assumptions:
- Posting a request for paid development is acceptable (was unable to find anything to the contrary).
- This is the appropriate forum for this request.
- The license allows for modification and custom tailoring of OpenGoo for our own purposes and redistribution (looked over the license and feel this is the case)

If any of these assumptions are incorrect, please let me know!

My company is looking for a document management type of tool with some very specific modifications. Starting with OpenGoo was our first thought, however, the lack of familiarity developers might have with it forced us to look at alternatives. I've put a custom DMS project on eLance and was not happy with what I received. In my opinion OpenGoo is a much better start towards what we're looking for.

So, is there anyone on this forum who's available to perform paid development and customization of OpenGoo? We've got a very clear vision of what changes are needed. Please inquire via private message on this forum.

Thanks!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Developers for Hire?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:07:34 pm »
Hi.

Of course we are interested in you offer!

It is not that we do not need money to make a living...  ::)

We have set a policy of not accepting donations because we do not believe that such a model is sufficient for sustaining a decent living of a big team or company. We have friends who have tried doing open source projects and sustain themselves from donations, and they all had to abandon the efforts.

What we have done is set up a business (Feng Office) to offer our work.

We offer:

For the first two we have published plans. For custom developments, or big installations we need to work with the client to do a proposal, as each project might require very different efforts. For these requests we would prefer that you contact us using the FengOffice contact form.

We license OpenGoo under GPL 3, which allows you to modify the code to your needs. Basically, what it requests in return is that, if you distribute your product, you publish the modifications so that everyone benefits from that, as you first benefited from the original code.

Last, but not least, thank you for your compliments on OpenGoo.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

rs

• View Profile
Re: Developers for Hire?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:35 pm »
Fantastic! I will be in touch.