Author Topic: Shared calendar  (Read 5957 times)

cmorasca

• View Profile
    • Email
Shared calendar
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:03 am »
Hi!!
I would be very useful, if there were a shared calendar, i mean, a calendar which belongs to the Work Area.

Thanks!

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Re: Shared calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:40 am »
I would second that.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:46:01 pm »
The calendar already works that way. Events are assigned to a workspace when created, and any user with permissions to read events on that workspace will be able to see them, and any user with permissions to write events will be able to create events on that workspace. You just need to filter by All Users in the calendar's menu.

Currently, you would need to apply this filter every time you access the calendar, but for 1.3 the filter you choose will be saved, like it works on the tasks module.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:22:32 pm »
The ideal (at least for me,heh) would be the option for putting events on multiple workspaces.

See, I have a workspace set up for the company. I moved all of our users personal workspaces under that one. Right now, I've made the events for everyone open to everyone else. So if you have a meeting, you put it in your workspace and we all can see it either on your space, or as an overall view from the company one. That way we can see when others are available, or going to be out of the office, etc.

Company wide events, like an office meeting get put by someone on the company workspace.

Unfortunately, client meetings have to be double entered. Once in the company space, and again in the client space (since we don't allow clients access to our company space).

But... like I said, if we could add them to multiples, you put a meeting in your workspace, but also the company so others can see that you're busy at that time. And if it's a client meeting, being able to put it in all three workspaces would be very nice.

This way.. my calendar gives me an overview of my own events, the company one would give me an overview of everyones, and the client one would show me just the items pertaining to that client.

As I type this, I'm thinking an option to mark and event as "private" would be nice as well. Say I have a doctor's appointment or something.. I can put it on my workspace and the company workspace, but if I mark it private it just shows as "Private" or something in the company workspace.

Reason for that is it would allow others to know that I will be unavailable, but they don't necessarily need to know why.  did that make sense?
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
All of it makes sense. And both have been planned (multiple workspaces for events and private events). It's just a matter of when we'll be able to implement it.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:46 pm »
Thanks Ignacio, you're just too on top things!
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.