Author Topic: Question : Language Translation  (Read 15379 times)

setekh

• View Profile
Question : Language Translation
« on: January 21, 2009, 01:50:20 am »
I have translated the 0.9 version , are the files from 1.1 and 1.2 the same, can we use the same translations, can we think of something so we don't have to re-translate the whole thing again with every new version.
Also it would be sooo great if you can release just update packages for the new versions, so we don't have to reinstall all over again...
Also i hope the DB will be compatible between the releases..
When we Beckup the base and files how we can Import them back ?
Thanks.. your product is great

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Question : Language Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:51:09 am »
Hi. What language did you translate to?

We are about to announce a formal procedure for translations. Updating translations is not too hard.

Starting with 1.0, updating to a greater stable version is very easy and safe. You might encounter some troubles updating from 0.9. Look at the forum posts for issues that might arise, and see how people fixed them/avoided them.

Golden rule of thumb; and specially in your case: do a good and whole backup before updating.

Another tip: try to update during a weekend or something like that, when few or no people use the system, as updating from a pre-1.0 version might take some work.

Thank you for the compliments.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Franklin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:21 am »
Hi,

We are from Taiwan, and are going to join the translation of zh_TW.
First, I'd like to make sure that nobody requested to translate zh_TW before.  If not, we
will start to translate it.

Second, can I get the access to commit our translation back directly, or do we have to send
the translated packages to you?

Then, I have a question about translation.  I saw that right now opengoo is using php array

array {
 'xxx' => 'yyy',
}

And this format was not able to transfer to po format by translation toolkit.  We have a
on-line platform for users to translation together, mainly support po and qt.  Is it possible
that opengoo changed its i18n way to gettext (php supported it), or other format that could
be transferred to po by translation toolkit, so that we can have more users joining the
translation?

Thanks,
Franklin

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:50:18 am »
Hi Franklin,

No one has requested to translate to zh_TW yet, so please go ahead with it.

I'm attaching you a zip file with PO Templates of the OpenGoo translation files. This zip file was generated by a tool on version 1.2 RC1 that converts OpenGoo translation files to a set of PO Templates. You can use them for translating and send them back to us so that we convert them back to PHP format. (Just in case you're curious, to use this tool you need to edit file 'public/tools/access.php' and add a line with 'topot.php'. Then in your browser go to <your opengoo>/public/tools/topot.php. This will download a zip file containing PO Templates of OpenGoo translation files.)

We plan on using gettext directly on OpenGoo but for the moment that's not the case. Maybe we could achieve a first step on that direction on version 1.3, which would be to allow PO files in the language directory that would be dynamically parsed.

Thanks.

Franklin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:01 pm »
Thanks a lot!!  We'll start our translation soon.

I suggest that you transfer your messages to po format on every release before using gettext.  That would be easier to translate.  And for using gettext, we are discussing if we could help on this topic.  I'll tell you if any news.

Thanks for your excellent work!

Franklin

Andrejko

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 10:59:11 am »
Can I try to tranlate it to slovak?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 01:44:34 pm »
Indeed, feel free to do the slovak translation. Let me know here if you will carry on with it and if so I will make a new Language section in the forum :)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

TomBA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:09 pm »
Hi.
I am from Slovakia too, so please give to Andrejko my e-mail and we can help each other with the translation....
Bye
TomBA

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »
Hi TomBA, feel free to send a private message to Andrejko so you both can work on the translation together ;)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!