Author Topic: "File to upload file" issue - with some debug info  (Read 2711 times)

visitor123456

• View Profile
"File to upload file" issue - with some debug info
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:19 am »
Hello,

I have installed FO and all went smoothly. However, I'm now facing the issue of not being able to upload files ("Documents" tab).

Administrator account
Generally, cannot upload files. However, I noticed that after clicking three time the "Add file" button, the system uploads the file correctly on the fourth attempt!
Once checked out, I cannot check it in.

User account
Cannot upload new files, cannot modify & save existing ones.

Configuration
User have proper access rights to the workspace.
/tmp folder - rights 777
/uploads folder - rights 777

Log.php gives the following error:
Session "default" started at 2011-02-27T13:45:39+0000

#1 DEBUG: Error when uploading file:#0 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/application/controllers/FilesController.class.php(361): ProjectFile->handleUploadedFile(Array, true, '-- Initial vers...')
    #1 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(76): FilesController->add_file()
    #2 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('add_file')
    #3 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/environment/classes/Env.class.php(133): PageController->execute('add_file')
    #4 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/init.php(163): Env::executeAction('files', 'add_file')
    #5 /var/sites/my_site/public_html/index.php(9): require('/var/sites/g/gw...')
    #6 {main}
Time since start: 0.46018004417419 seconds

Progress bar plug-in installed.

I've done a little bit of digging in the code and noticed the following:
application/controllers/FilesController.class.php
Line - 298:
      $file_data = array_var($_POST, 'file');
At this point $file_data is already missing required properties - var_dump:
array(13) {
  ["add_type"]=>  string(7) "regular"
  ["file_id"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["edit_name"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["type"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["upload_id"]=>  string(20) "og_1298811676_722850"
  ["url"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["name"]=>  string(13) "test_filename.txt"
  ["upload_option"]=>  string(2) "-1"
  ["revision_comment"]=>  string(21) "-- Initial version --"
  ["tags"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["description"]=>  string(0) ""
  ["comments_enabled"]=>  string(1) "1"
  ["anonymous_comments_enabled"]=>  string(1) "0"
  }

This leads to unsuccessful method call in line 361 and error in the log:
               $revision = $file->handleUploadedFile($uploaded_file, true, $revision_comment); // handle uploaded file

Is anyone able to nail down the problem based on the information provided above? I have read all threads related to this issue on this forum and followed links to documentation so please do not point me there...

Oh, my server is unix based with apache, shared hosting environment. This should not be an issue though since all relevant variables have decent values set (i.e. much higher than required by FO).

Any ideas why this does not work? We'd like to roll out this software for your organization but issue with ability to upload/modify documents must be resolved first...

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "File to upload file" issue - with some debug info
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »
Hi, welcome to Feng Office Forums.
Have you checked =http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/progressbarthis document yet..?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

visitor123456

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »
HI,

thanks for your reply

As I said I have checked all relevant documentation and threads I could find. This problem existed before installing this particular plug-in and the plug in has not helped in resolving this issue.

Plug-in itself works fine, i.e. sections a), b) & c) of "7- Check the installation:" return correct messages and confirm the installation is fine.

Could you please let me know how it can be fixed? Very keen to use this brilliant software.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »
Does this happen with every file, no matter the size? Have you checked your server user permissions and the htaccess file?
Have you tried reinstalling the application or installing it again under a new environment to check if the problems are your settings?
By the way, do take into account the fact of changing the max upload file size in the upload.pl file when you install the plugin

I am sorry but I c do not have more resouerces but this to help you with this issue..

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!