Author Topic: Trash  (Read 2521 times)

Don

• Freshman
    • ICQ Messenger - 41785409
    • View Profile
    • Email
Trash
« on: January 12, 2009, 06:47:30 am »
I am having a problem with the Trash. I have moved some email to the trash. When I am in the All workspace -> Overview, Unread email block shows the trashed email. This is the only place I can see these emails - if I click on the Trash psudo-workspace, I do not see any email entries anywhere. To delete them, I need to open each one from the overview page, then click Delete.

I have also added some contacts and companies to the trash. When I am in the All workspace, and click the Trash psuedo-workspace, one company shows up. This company cannot be deleted. (actually I notice it is gone now). The others only show up when I view the trash for the workspace the items were deleted from - not in any of the parent workspaces.

Also, if I am in the trash for a workspace, I do not seem to be able to switch to the trash for the All workspace.

The trash psudo-workspace seems pretty counter-intuitive to me. I would have expected it to behave in a similar way to other work spaces - click on Trash workspace, then emails would show emails in the trash, click on the notes, show trashed notes etc.

I can see the benefit of being able to look for trash from a particular workspace - I guess I got a little confused - perhaps the psudo-workspace placement of the icon needs to be re-thought.

Don

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Trash
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:29:57 am »
It can be counter intuitive because it seems like another workspace but it doesn't behave like other workspaces.

The behavior is like this: when you click on Trash a new tab opens which shows you the trashed items. Now that the new tab is opened you can filter the trashed items by selecting a different workspace or a different tag, as you would do with any other tab. In the other tabs, everything should behave as usual, and only show you objects that haven't been trashed. If you see some trashed objects in one of those tabs it's a bug, like in the case of the dashboard's email widget that you described. Also, you should be able to see trashed email in the Trash tab. I noticed that trashed email isn't correctly sorted, and so it may show at another date (I think that it's sorted according to the sent date).

Don

• Freshman
    • ICQ Messenger - 41785409
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:04:53 pm »
I am beginning to wonder if I reinstall. There are a couple of things that are not quite right. I installed 1.1b, then upgraded to the 1.1 release. Is that likely to be causing problems?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:59 am »
That alone shouldn't be causing trouble. There must be some other problem. Maybe you can wait for version 1.2 beta next week to see if it solves these issues (though, as it being a beta version, it may have other issues).