Author Topic: OpenGoo UI  (Read 10954 times)

tgeorge

OpenGoo UI
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:12:49 pm »
I'm using  Apple Mobileme now.
MobileMe user interface is totally- awesome.

OpenGoo has the state-of-art UI, but mobileme is more comfortable to use, and much beautiful.

How about change OpenGoo UI?
Here is my prototype (just draw some color set and layout. not real prototype)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:46:29 am by tgeorge »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo UI
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:04 am »
Hi Todd!

OpenGoo GUI is something we have been talking a lot lately, and the GUI is constantly being improved. So it's great to have another GUI suggestion to consider. We will take it into account when evaluating possible GUIs.

Thank you for you contribution!

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:10:09 am »
There is always room for improvement. On the other hand: I've checked hundreds(!) of open source web applications in the last months, and not many are so well designed like OpenGoo. Thank you guys!

BTW: I can see a folder "themes", but I'm not sure how to create my own theme. Are there any instructions?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:39:41 am »
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately there is no documentation on how to modify a theme. With CSS knowledge and the amazing firebug it shouldn't be hard to play around and create a new one.

All new themes are welcome! We could post them on the site and, if popular enough, maybe add them in the distribution.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 06:02:27 pm »
Hi Conrado

I only need the information about which files to copy and where to put them to create a new theme. Playing around with the styles is not the problem.

- Martin

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:10:08 am »
To create a new theme you should copy the 'default' folder (default theme) in 'public/assets/themes' folder with another name. There you can edit anything you like (CSS, images, etc). When you're ready you can select the new theme by going to Administration/Configuration/General and changing the value for Theme. You have to reload the page after selecting the new theme to apply it.

mloistianto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:04 pm »
Hi, i am new to this, but how i download another theme? for example mobileme?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 01:50:43 pm »
There isn't a mobileme theme. The first message in this thread is a proposal for a theme, but it never got done. Themes can be created by editing the CSS and images in the public/assets/themes/default folder.

We only have one theme, which is the default theme, but we are open to submissions from the community. You can start by changing the ExtJS theme, which is the javascript library that provides most of the widgets used in OpenGoo. There are already many ExtJS themes on the web. Check in the ExtJS site or Google for it.