Author Topic: I like it! Opengoo!  (Read 7437 times)

Code Smoker

• View Profile
I like it! Opengoo!
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »
Hi - I am trying to use Opengoo with clients.  I want them to sign in and collaborate inside the system.  However, with email so easy to operate, that may not be amenable.

Anyway, the clever idea of having the system be Workspace-centric is what has me excited.  Since a workspace can be anything (person, project, issue, program bug, etc), you can have a contact mgmt system, project mgmt system, bug-tracking system all of which you can attach notes, presentations, spreadsheets, documents, files, etc.

Very nice indeed.  Keep the workspace-centric idea alive.  This is what makes this system stand out.  The interface is very nice as well.

Keep up the good work.  If there is a volunteer list of items that need to be done somewhere, let me know.  I would like to help if I can.

Keep the goo flowing!

Best to all,
David W.
Let's Goo!

David W.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: I like it! Opengoo!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:15:25 am »
HI Dave,

Thanks for all your nice comments! We always have a long list of features to implement. If you have some PHP knowledge you can get in touch with us at contact@opengoo.org and we can assign some work to you. You could also help writing documentation, translating or you can suggest us what you could do.

Thanks for volunteering.

Code Smoker

• View Profile
Re: I like it! Opengoo!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:45:29 pm »
Hi,

I am still getting familiar with the system but I plan to stick with it and help where I can and use it in our office for production usage and provide feedback from that experience.

• I will contact you via email to get a small PHP task and see if I can do it.
  • I wouldn't mind creating a few tutorials for documentation in various formats (screencast, video, pdf, etc).  Any suggestions from anyone on topics?  Alot has been done on the wiki and it looks great.  I guess it would be best to stick with the wiki until a better solution comes up.
  • It appears that you have many reporting bugs as they use it which is great.  I'll leave testing to those that actually use the system in production.  This actually might be a good place to start modifying the code to get familiar with it.
  • I am not multi-language so can't help in translation unless it is a mechanical process.

Let's Goo!

David W.