Author Topic: user settings  (Read 5593 times)

joost

• View Profile
user settings
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:18 am »
Would it be possible to have users (or as a temporary solution only the administrator for the whole system) set a few thing that might fit a particular organisation:

1) in the overview, how many documents, notes, etc.  are shown upon first display
2) turn on/of to show items from sub-workspaces if you are not in a particular subspace (because right now, if you are in a higher lever workspace, you get way to much information which is confusing if you don't already know what you are looking for
3) default calendar display (which is not necessarily the last used display), i.e. month, day or week view)
4) new option, and should also be part of 3): view calendar as a list, so it is easier to get a long term view of activities.
Joost Mineur

GHC

• View Profile
Re: user settings
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:14:50 am »
I second these requests.

To the following I would like to add something.

3) default calendar display (which is not necessarily the last used display), i.e. month, day or week view)

I would like not just the month, day or week view. But I would like to be able to select  the "All Users" Calendar by default as well. We use the calendar to let each other know when we are busy or available, but have to switch manually to "all users" every time. Which is easy to forget. (This in addition to my earlier default workspace request.)

joost

• View Profile
Re: user settings
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
Following up on the above (not sure if it was already mentioned somewhere else): there are some widgets to be turned on or of, but there is no widget to turn the weblinks on.

From the widgets that are visible, it would be handy if you could click the colored widget bar (instead of moving your mouse all the way up to the buttons), to open that particular page. And, while I am at it, a scroll bar within the widgets would also be a nice feature (in my opinion nicer that show xx more, but these options can co-exist).

Side note: we are slowly but surely integrating OpenGoo into our daily work and it is working really nice. In combination with a fast server (in a data center) it is performing a lot better than I thought and/or hoped for. Your demo is a little slugish, but our setup works really nice. Thank you once more!
Joost Mineur