Author Topic: v 1.1 setting up rights to workspaces  (Read 5147 times)

joost

• View Profile
v 1.1 setting up rights to workspaces
« on: January 02, 2009, 09:10:51 pm »
When giving someone right to a higher lever work space, you can in the right hand collumn click all (default is on). This all applies appearantly to future lower level work spaces only - existing lower level workspaces have to be marked (down to the deepest level) by hand, otherwise they are (remain) excluded. I think this is not handy, especiall when using elaborate workspace schemes.
Joost Mineur

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: v 1.1 setting up rights to workspaces
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:41:00 pm »
Hi joost,

To apply those permissions to the existing workspaces you have to click on "Apply these permissions to all subworkspaces".

joost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:55:00 am »
This is not what I meant: by clicking the "apply to all sub workspaces" button you grant access to notes, tasks, milestones, etc. etc. What I mean is that if I have a workspace 'company' and lower level workspaces 'state 1' and 'state 2' and even lower under state 1 'city a' and 'city b' - that by granting access to the workspace company you should be able to grant access to everything underneath. The way it is now you have to do a lot of clicking and expanding the tree if the structure of workspaces is pretty deep.
Joost Mineur

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:27:31 pm »
That is what "apply to all subworkspaces" does. If you go to a user's permissions, click on the 'company' workspace, set the permissions you like for 'company' (maybe just click the "All" checkbox), now if you click on "Apply these permissions to all subworkspaces " you will apply that same permissions that you defined to 'company' to 'state 1', 'state 2', 'city 1', etc.

wendy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:13:57 am »
Thanks for the info Ignacio. It helps me fixing our project workspace permission to all our staff.