Author Topic: tree structure workspaces (and misc. stuff)  (Read 5474 times)

joost

• View Profile
tree structure workspaces (and misc. stuff)
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:29:21 am »
I have been using OpenGoo for over a week and I think it is great! I seriously plan to make this the once and for all replacement of my ftp document repository and I will move a lot of my Google docs over as well.

I see a couple of things that would mkae life easier - I hope I am not duplicating existing entries in this forum:

1) the workspaces are listed in a tree stucture, which is the way it should be. Then why is the maintain workspaces (admin option) not organized the same way. I have made some 30 or so workspaces and it is already hard to find my way, not to mention the problems with 2 workspaces with the same name in different branches of the tree. Would be nice if this could be fixed.

2) I can barely see the use of groups if you can't assign workspaces to a group.

3) I thought/hoped that spreadsheets were going to be part of 1.1. Did they not make it or did I install wrong? If they didn't make it, what would you expect to be the timeframe to incorporate them?

4) there are some inconsistencies in the placement of the workspaces option: sometimes it is not at the top (Edit file properties), sometimes it is available in the right hand actions (contact). I think it should always be available in the task list, or perhaps it could me made optionally available in the task list (by the admin).

5) why is the company option available in the administratration area? It seems like a regular contact option at the same time.

6) I checked the config.php file and it says product version 1.0, but I am running 1.1. Is this correct?

Thanks for this great software. I am looking forward to spend a lot of time with it.

Joost - The Netherlands

Joost Mineur

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: tree structure workspaces (and misc. stuff)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:58:33 am »
The line from the 1.0 empty config file has..

define('PRODUCT_VERSION', '1.0');

That variable is not in the empty config file for 1.1

I don't know if I needed to keep it or if it's no longer used, but I changed it to 1.1 in my existing config file.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:18:57 pm »
1) the workspaces are listed in a tree stucture, which is the way it should be. Then why is the maintain workspaces (admin option) not organized the same way. I have made some 30 or so workspaces and it is already hard to find my way, not to mention the problems with 2 workspaces with the same name in different branches of the tree. Would be nice if this could be fixed.

It should be a tree structure under administration too. It will be changed.

2) I can barely see the use of groups if you can't assign workspaces to a group.

We will work on improving this. We have partially implemented the assignment of workspaces to groups, but there's currently no way of doing so through the GUI.

3) I thought/hoped that spreadsheets were going to be part of 1.1. Did they not make it or did I install wrong? If they didn't make it, what would you expect to be the timeframe to incorporate them?

They did not make it. On version 1.2 we'll release the first version of Spreadsheets. It will be a beta version, not a final one.

4) there are some inconsistencies in the placement of the workspaces option: sometimes it is not at the top (Edit file properties), sometimes it is available in the right hand actions (contact). I think it should always be available in the task list, or perhaps it could me made optionally available in the task list (by the admin).

Thanks for pointing it out.

5) why is the company option available in the administratration area? It seems like a regular contact option at the same time.

It is there since when the company wasn't considered a content object. Maybe we should check whether it still makes sense that it's there.

6) I checked the config.php file and it says product version 1.0, but I am running 1.1. Is this correct?

The version that counts is the one displayed on the website, at the bottom right. Just ignore that.

joost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:17:26 am »
Thank you for replying - I am happy with your answers :)
Joost Mineur