Author Topic: "Ideas" vs. "Feature requests"  (Read 5169 times)

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
"Ideas" vs. "Feature requests"
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:16:41 pm »
Sorry, this question is because of my lack of english language:

At the moment I don't really understand the difference between the two forum topics
- "Ideas (Ideas for future development of OpenGoo )" and
- "Feature requests (Discussion of OpenGoo current and desired features )".

Aren't feature requests ideas and vice versa?

What kind of topic should go into "Ideas" and what should go into "Feature requests"?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: "Ideas" vs. "Feature requests"
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:16:10 pm »
Good question. Actually, I don't recall what I was thinking when I separated the two.  :P

Probably "ideas" is a more general thing, to discuss rough concepts, which might not necessarily be feature-related.

Feature requests should ideally be specific features, and we should try to discuss the design of the features as much as possible.

You will notice we don't do much moderation. We have recently re-ordered the boards and sections. It is actually working much better now. You should have seen what we had a few months ago!  :-[
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 06:38:48 am »
...We have recently re-ordered the boards and sections. It is actually working much better now. You should have seen what we had a few months ago!  :-[
I find this a quite active and very friendly community in comparision to some other open source collaboration software projects.
I've tested many other before.
 :) :)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 09:56:39 am »
I find this a quite active and very friendly community in comparision to some other open source collaboration software projects.
It is all in the heavy use of emoticons.

People should use them more.  ;D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.