Author Topic: Searching Contact Metadata  (Read 1760 times)

robinmitra

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Searching Contact Metadata
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:40:09 am »
Hi

I created a contact and added some notes inside. However, I couldn't get FO to search and find the notes I added inside the contact. It, however, does find seperate notes from the Notes module when searched (but not notes inside a contact).

I also made some custom fields inside contacts - tables. I use table custom field in order to add bank account details of clients. However, FO again doesn't seem to return any search results from this table custom field.

I have tried to change Search Engine to "Full" but that doesn't help either.

Am I missing something or this is how FO works?

Regards

Robin

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Searching Contact Metadata
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
Hello,

What do you exactly mean by 'added some notes inside'? Don't you mean 'linked'?

Regarding the search, there seems to be a bug when your search involves a custom property which seems to be a table, because when it is a text field it finds the records without problems.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

robinmitra

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:42 pm »
Thanks for the reply Francisco!

By 'adding some notes inside as contact', I mean just that. When creating/editing a contact, one can add notes to the contact as well (i.e. note inside and part of a contact, NOT a separate note linked to the contact). I hope you understand what I mean now. Otherwise, just edit a contact and click on "Notes" hyperlink on the row just below the contact name and email address fields.

It would have been great to have search results find text entered in 'contact notes' as well, as otherwise the notes inside contacts are pretty useless IMHO..

Regards

Robin

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:13:17 am »
All right, I get what you mean now.
Yes, unfortunately for the time being this is not possible...

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!