Author Topic: OpenGoo vs. ProjectPier / activeCollab  (Read 11961 times)

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
OpenGoo vs. ProjectPier / activeCollab
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:54:43 pm »
How would you compare OpenGoo to ProjectPier / activeCollab?

My main focus is on project management and time tracking.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:00:31 am by Karl »

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: OpenGoo vs. ProjectPier / activeCollab
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 05:57:28 pm »
I can sort of answer this... as before I found OpenGoo I was (trying) to use Project Pier for a client collaboration setting....

OG has a much better interface.. bar none.

PP had a basis of projects, inside those projects you could have notes (with replies), tasks, milestones, and files. You could also cross link any of these items, like tie a task to a milestone or a note to a file.

They share the ability to assign tasks, notify participants, etc.

The areas OG is moving well beyond PP:
Workspaces, projects whatever you want to call them, the ability to have nested projects/workspaces is huge.

Having contacts is great... a calendar... and granting access to workspaces on an individual basis is very easy to do. And of course the ability to not just post files, but actually create/edit... this will really set OG apart as it continues to improve.

One thing I like in PP that is not available in OG is the ability to mark items as "private", which allowed only owner company members to see items in a project, but not the client members. You can sort of work around this (and I do) by having two separate workspaces. One shared with the client, another not.

I will admit, we never got fully implemented with PP as a tool for our clients, but after just a couple hours of playing around with OG, I knew I wanted to replace PP with it.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:35:13 am »
I've been using ActiveCollab/ProjectPier for over two years. Since the status of ProjectPier is in doubt I looked elsewhere, found OpenGoo and haven't turned back.

For me, the only feature in ProjectPier I would like to see in OpenGoo is the ability to reorder tasks.

I do PHP programming (not an expert by any means) and am trying to understand the OpenGoo code so that time allowing I can contribute. I have three hours per week to kill while my kids study Taekwondo (the instructor allows parents to sit in class and watch) so that's three hours per week I can contribute to OpenGoo.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:02:20 pm »
I do PHP programming (not an expert by any means) and am trying to understand the OpenGoo code so that time allowing I can contribute. I have three hours per week to kill while my kids study Taekwondo (the instructor allows parents to sit in class and watch) so that's three hours per week I can contribute to OpenGoo.

That would be great!  :D

When is the task sorting function (on tasks module menu) not enough for you?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

RandySmich

• ICQ Messenger - 177767187
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - college application essay writin
    • View Profile
    • write my essay reddit n90nfh
    • Email
how to write an abstract for an essay e881rz
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 10:37:11 am »

Lovely content. Cheers!
<a href="https://argumentativethesis.com/">thesis statement</a> thesis help <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com/">thesis statment</a> phd thesis database
ai essay writer essay writers online persuasive essay writer essay writter
dissertation scholarship https://quality-essays.com
need someone to write my essay <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com">can i pay someone to do my essay</a> help me write a business plan for free