Author Topic: greetings from USA  (Read 6334 times)

danem

• View Profile
    • Email
greetings from USA
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:59:11 pm »
I'm using Opengoo as a way for our committees of medical professionals from around the country to be able to collaborate on documents for various purposes, either for educational development or public relations communications. 

I'm really thrilled with this application and I am sure with many users using it on our end, I can provide valuable feedback for all of you who are working on this. I do know PHP so I may be able to help in that manner as well, my own responsibilities permitting of course. :)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: greetings from USA
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:45:53 pm »
Hi. Nice meeting you.

Please keep us updated on how you use OpenGoo, and send as much feedback (and code  ;) ) as you get.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

danem

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:34:48 pm »
I'm sad to say that the powers that be have nixed our use of Opengoo. It was not acceptable to them for the following reasons:

1. Saving documents just didn't work for some users.
2. Documents would time out in the middle of editing.

There was no patience for any future versions or community bug fixes, which is why I cannot stay around to report anything more specific. I have to seek out other solutions.

So while I seek out other solutions, good luck with everything and hope this project keeps up! I think it still is very promising. I'll try to stay connected and see if I have any other uses for it in the future, but can't guarantee anything.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:31 pm »
I am sad to learn this. Your contribution has been very valuable.

Thanks for this feedback as well.

If there is another opportunity for you to use OpenGoo let us know, and we will try our best to help you.

Remember that you can also receive OpenGoo professional support at Feng Office.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.