Author Topic: Single Sign On  (Read 29952 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Single Sign On
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:01:45 pm »
Single Sign On is usually the first component that comes to mind.

What are your ideas on implementing it?

aries

• MSN Messenger - feher.janos@mindworks.hu
    • View Profile
    • Aries' blog
Re: Single Sign On
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:17 am »
That would be nice if I can use OpenID in OpenGoo

r2gnl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 10:32:45 am »
Is SSO included in a way like:
http://www.sandiego.edu/webdev/coding/sso/ or http://www.secguru.com/link/prasi_single_sign_on_for_perl_and_php_scipts ?

So it would be easy to build a sso module for Joomla! ?

Remco

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:29:21 pm »
We are planning to have some sort of single sign on for version 1.5. OpenID is a candidate.

cluge

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 12:31:59 am »
I would suggest the ability to specify an authentication service by company.  In this way consulting company A has it's users already in LDAP or Radius and can authenticate against a schema that is already existing and being upkept.  Client company has a POP3 server, so their users that are part of consultants opengoo DB can authenticate against that server.  By breaking out authentication in this manner you actually produce an app that is "single sign on" across companies an platforms.  There are 5 types of auth requests that should cover 95% of the companies

1. Radius
2. LDAP
3. POP (SPOP)
4. IMAP (Imap over SSL)
5. HTTP Auth (HTTPS)

It's just a thought.  I have done something similar in the past by using realms and plugins for a radius server authenticating users against a variety of outside servers (usually pop3 at that time) and then made the web app radius aware.  The nice thing was that when a client company fired someone, we didn't have to be the last to know and then change user permissions.  The simply couldn't log in to our site because their home site has changed/deleted the user.  All the users information was still in our app - and that information could easily be migrated to a current user.  IE nothing was lost.

-Thoughts

cluge

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:56 am »
I have successfully integrated FengOffice with multiple other systems.  I could design a program that has a user interface so people can enter their choice of login which will automatically integrate.

I charge $4k for a custom integration, but with funding, we could make this an opensource piece to be added to future versions.  I just have no need of making such code unless I know it will be integrated. 

Get in touch if you are interested in hiring us for this.  All work is done within the authenticate.php & the websiteclass controller file.
Owner of HardMagic Publishing