Author Topic: Template in 1.1beta  (Read 3491 times)

man2004

• View Profile
Template in 1.1beta
« on: December 11, 2008, 03:16:49 pm »
The template logic is changed in 1.1 beta. Now I can add multiple objects in one template. Good. But I have following questions:

1. Subtask is not honoured in the template. Is it the limitation or bug?

2. It seems that now only task could be added in the template. Will it be extended to other objects in future?

3. Is it possible to add milestone (with tasks and subtasks contained) or even workspace as template?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Template in 1.1beta
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:41:12 am »
1) Subtasks should be added to the template. I'll have a look at this.

2) More objects will be supported in the future.

3) Maybe when adding a milestone to the template all tasks and subtasks should be added? I guess this would be more useful than just adding the milestone. By adding a workspace you mean adding all objects in the workspace? Templates are supposed to be collections of objects that you instantiate on a workspace, so adding a Workspace per se wouldn't make too much sense.

man2004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:52:39 pm »
Yes, I hope that by adding milestone all its tasks and subtasks could be added.

Agree adding workspace in the template is not useful. Let's forget it.

There are many fields in the task. Which fields are remembered in template? Could custom property be able to be remembered? If so, I could then use custom property to easily define special property specific to my projects and do not need to retype each time.

man2004

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 05:26:43 am »
When I created task from template, Error "You don't have permission to access requested page" displayed but tasks were still created. No log was generated.