Author Topic: basic overview  (Read 4264 times)

bruce1

• View Profile
    • Email
basic overview
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:53:06 pm »
Hi.

My goal is to be able to understand feng to the point were I can create a separate tab app, or modify an existing top tab app. I'm also looking to be able to create a separate left menu set of functionality.

To this end, I've looked at the existing docs, as well as searched the net for feng/opengoo docs/insight...

Not alot there.

However, I've started to slog through the code, starting with the index.php, and trying to get my head around the flow of the code..

I immediately see that for some reason, it appears that the init.php is called a number of time, which invokes that different controller classes (access, mail, project, tag, dashboard)

Can someone start to tell me what the heck is going on here??

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the steps are to making changes/additions to the feng app. I fully get that the hook approach should/might be the way to go, but here again, I need to understand what might have to be modified/changed in the given files, and how the thing is set up.

Any help on this issue can be greatly appreciated. There's a serious time crunch to this.

Thanks

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: basic overview
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:42 am »
Once again, have a warm welcome to Feng Office Forums.

Regarding the documentation, we are aware it is not up to date yet.. and we plan to get it better in the future, but for the time being, we have other important things to deal with. However, most of it is from Wiki content, which means ANYONE can contribute with it, so please feel free to do so anytime.

Anyway, have you checked this documentation yet? What about the Hello World example?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

sean.newham

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: basic overview
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »
I know this is an old topic, but if anyone has any more documentation, or even notes, I would be happy to make them into wiki format for everyone else.