Author Topic: Problem with viewing files and tasks  (Read 3652 times)

savagephp

• View Profile
Problem with viewing files and tasks
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:34:06 am »
When I click on an already uploaded file, or an already created task; instead of a detail page about that file or task, the middle pane where the detail should be is just a blank grey area. Clicking on a contact shows the detail for that contact just fine, so far it only seems to affect file detail and task detail.

I'm running version 1.0 on CentOS 5.2. Apache 2.2.3 and PHP >5

Any other info that would be useful to help troubleshoot this?

[EDIT 12/4/08] I just upgraded to 1.0. I was using 0.9.1 before and viewing the details of uploaded files and tasks worked fine.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:13:47 am by savagephp »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Problem with viewing files and tasks
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:51 am »
Try setting DEBUG to true in config/config.php and check if any error message is printed either on the screen or on cache/log.php.

Thanks.

savagephp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:36:21 pm »
Well, it appears that at least one table was added between 0.9.1 and 1.0. What's the proper way to fix this because the upgrade instructions did not mention anything about modifying the database structure.

Screenshot of debug information attached.

Thanks.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:07:27 am »
To upgrade from 0.9.1 to 1.0 you have to run the upgrade procedure. This means:

1) Extract 1.0 files into your OpenGoo installation, replacing all files EXCEPT config/config.php and upload/attributes.php.

2) Go to <your opengoo root url>/public/upgrade

3) Choose to upgrade from 0.9 to 1.0

If you follow all these steps that database table should be created. These upgrade instructions are on the readme.txt file.

Please try that and if it doesn't work we'll have another look.

Thanks.

savagephp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:09:07 pm »
My mistake, I missed the public/upgrade step in the steps. Everything seems to be working again. Thanks!

savagephp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:16:04 pm »
One other questiong on upgrading, what folders are safe/recommend for deletion or a permissions change after an upgrade or clean install is completed? It seems that at least the public/install/ and public/upgrade/ folders need to either be removed or permissions changed so that not everyone in the world can run the scripts in those folders.

Tom

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
If OpenGoo is already installed going to public/install won't let you do anything. If you try upgrading to a version you have already upgraded to you will get mysql errors and no harm would be done. Still, it would be a safer choice to not give internet access to those two folders.