Author Topic: Preparing for official finnish translation  (Read 23033 times)

Juhani

• View Profile
Preparing for official finnish translation
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:42 pm »
So, let's go for it!  This thread is meant for preparing it.  Updates and corrections can be posted to this thread as attachments and comments. Anybody is welcome to contribute :)

Juhani

• View Profile
Translation version alpha 1 (for Feng Office 1.7.2)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »
Almost completely translated, but for example admin areas still need some attention (you're welcome to contribute!).  This is now in use for one small finnish company, and we will post more versions when something to fix in testing phase will be found.

Aslak

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Preparing for official finnish translation
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:58 am »
Heeei, hienoa.

Minäkin olen tehnyt käännöstä, hitaasti mutta varmasti.

Pitäisiköhän koittaa synkronoida?

Juhani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:33 am »
Moi, puhutaan inklantia, että ulkomaailmojen oliotkin ymmärtää  ;)

Sorry for a delay in a reply, Aslak.  If you could contribute by joining your translation with my version, might be nice.. if not, please post your translation here (or email me) so I can take a look.  My work results also would need a community evaluation, as I'm not a professional translator; if you are the one, perhaps you could then make some proof-reading :)

Juhani

• View Profile
Translation version alpha 2 (for Feng Office 1.7.2)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:15:11 am »
Some errors fixed, mainly with finnish inflection.  The source language doesn't make it easy, because finnish belongs to different language family than english & almost all the others, so structure of the language is sometimes really diverging.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:43:16 pm »
Hi Juhani! Welcome to Feng Office Forums!
Thanks a lot for your contribution with the translation, we will be adding it in a future release! In the mean time, if you would like to contribute with Aslak and viceversa with it, it would be great! So feel free to do so and we will update it later on.
Do not worry that much about the errors you mentioned, that is quite normal.. and either way, it is better having the translation than none at all hehe

Best regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:46:06 pm by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Aslak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:46:41 am »
Okay Juhani,

Let's compare our translations. I'll send you mine if I find your mail address from your profile.

EDIT: No I did not find it. So here is the zip-file of Finnish translation version fi_fi_0.0.1.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:58:18 am by Aslak »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 11:04:13 am »
All right so, once you guys make the proper corrections and arrangements and get to a final version, please let us know which is the updated translation to be added in a future release!

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Aslak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 03:23:58 pm »
Hey Juhani,

it would be great if we'd get a clear installation of Feng somewhere in orger to syncronize translations.

Do you have opportunity to put up an installation for translation purposes? It would be easiest to copy-paste the stuff to ..../public/tools/     -> translation and get stuff synchronized.

What do you think?