Author Topic: Linking different FO installations into network  (Read 4041 times)

cloo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • cloo
Linking different FO installations into network
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »
I have part-time jobs in two different companies of the same field.

Currently in one company we are slowly adopting FO, and it would be cool to offer the same solution for another. But then my calendars and emails would be split and messed up. And sharing some resources (say, a workspac or specific contacts) would be useful for both.

Maybe it is already possible?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Linking different FO installations into network
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:59:05 pm »
This would be absolutely great, however we find it quite complicated to develop right now, and we have yet to add some other features we are still developing.. so unless someone contributes with this either by programming or sponsoring, this feature will not be implemented, at least for the time being.

Meanwhile, if it helps you at all, you may export both your contacts and calendar through a CSV file from one FO application to another, and then import it back to the other one
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »
I'm also working with ttwo instances of FO, it would be perfect to synchronize my personal space (calendar, contacts, etc.)

Cheers
Patrick

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:59 am »
It indeed would be fantastic, however, right now we do not have such feature, but if you happen to get someone to develop it or if you would like to help sponsoring it (you may do this contacting sales@fengoffice.com), we would be happy to add it in our next release.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!