Author Topic: First impression ideas  (Read 5853 times)

EngagingIT

• View Profile
    • Email
First impression ideas
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:31:30 pm »
Hi,

First of all congratulations on a great system.

One feature which I seen touched on in another post but didn't seem to go into any detail on is to automate the creation of email accoutns when users are setup. Ideally I want to create a form on a webpage that will create a user account, email account, setup the webmail and setup a workspace.

I reckon I could fudge the webmail account setup by talking direct to the mysql table would this be the same for the workspace?

Or is this about to appear in a future release and I shouldn't waste my time?

Also, can I brand the top bar with a clients logo? or is part of the agreement that the opengoo logo is always in the top left? Happy to keep opengoo credit in bottom right but would be good to be able to properly integrate solution into my clients websites.

One last thing, is there a limit on how many emails the webmail can display?

Keep up the good work and if I spot anything I think I can do I will get in touch.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:35:56 pm by EngagingIT »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: First impression ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:51:28 am »
Hi,

We didn't have plans to implement the automatic creation of email accounts on user setup, but I'll add it as a feature request.

You can brand the top bar as you like. OpenGoo is free software. Its license lets you change all that you want as long as you keep the source code open and freely available. So you are not obliged to keep OpenGoo's logo nor the note on the footer (though it would be nice if you left this note :))

There's no limit as to how many emails the email module can display. Note that OpenGoo isn't actually an email server, but rather a webmail client, so it checks email from other servers that support the POP3 protocol. The only limit is given by the available memory on your server or the performance penalty that there may be if you have way too many emails.

Thanks for your message.