Author Topic: Error - Failed to create folder  (Read 3516 times)

joost

• View Profile
Error - Failed to create folder
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:15:04 am »
I just installed OpenGoo and seem to have a perfect working installation, except for one thing.

When I try to create or uload a document (setup: files mode) I get the error message stating "Error Failed to create folder '/home/httpd/....'". This path ends up with some directories in the upload directory that it can't create.

The upload directory exists and is chmoded to 777, the directories that it tries to create  (like 'a23e7/348d1/a86d1') don't exist before or after.

If I set the system to use the database mode to store documents, it seems to work OK.

Any ideas?
Joost Mineur

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Error - Failed to create folder
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:30:41 am »
pleae use the search mate...
then you will find the solution ;)

joost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:19:23 am »
OK - found the solution here: laatste bericht op pagina.
Before it got to work the PHP safe mode had to be turned off as well....

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I had looked before I posted, but not that far.

Please add these 2 things (even just for the time being) to the installation instructions, because I use a straight forward server and after having installed many software installations without a problem, one is very easily tempted to just give up and move on. It would be a shame to lose following over such simple things, because OpenGoo looks very, very promising!!!

Thank you developers for all your efforts.
Joost Mineur

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:16:29 pm »
this should work with safe mode on, too ...