Author Topic: Users and Client companies Users  (Read 3031 times)

plan_b

• View Profile
Users and Client companies Users
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »
Ok... playing around with Users and Client companies users. Are client company users able to see 'users' that my be assigned to them?

Ok... I have 2 accounts in my setup... 1st one was the Admin (with admin as username), then I created another account in my name but with Admin rights. I then created a Client company from my 2nd  'personal' account. Then added a user (know as John Doe). How is John Doe to see ANY one? Kinda thought who ever recreated the Client company would be a user in that Client companies workspace.

I can't seem to figure out, after I created a company account, added a user, should they need to contact me.

Would I have to add them as  Contact? Or is it just use 'Notes' for communicate? Would be nice if they had a 'face' or contact, that they knew was there if they had any questions.

Now I can send a note to John Doe, and he can reply, but what would happen if John Doe deleted that note?

Just wondering how a Client Company user would be able to make 'first' contact, if that was to happen.

Maybe I am missing something easy but looking forward to any reply.

plan_b

• View Profile
Re: Users and Client companies Users
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:05:41 am »
Ok... after play with it permissions and groups with is what I have found... and what i don't like and hoping to find a cure.

when I give "Can manage all contacts" to the company... or any one in the company OR any one in a Group that may be in the company...They can see ALL that is in the Company.

Now what I don't like of the above scenario, is that can see AND contact ANY one in my company. Don't care for that option.

Would be nice if you could ADD contacts they would be dealing with., so they don't bothers some of my workers with questions.

perhaps I missed something would how can I control and the communication between my company and Clients Company.

plan_b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:51:06 am »
Man... this is REALLY frustrating, can not figure out how to add a simple item like adding a company and that company ONLY see me the admin in there contact list. I can do it... but if I use the Can manage all contacts that company can SEE every COMPANY and user in the whole system!!!! NOT GOOD

For something that seems mature, has terrible documents on elements AND examples to model by.

plan_b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:09:54 am »
Can any one help?

dansmith65

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:42:32 am »
Are you creating separate workspaces for each of your client companies?

check out this link: http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/companies#client_companies