Author Topic: Do not share contacts  (Read 2334 times)

r4is3

• View Profile
Do not share contacts
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »
Hi everybody,

I'm a new FengOffice user and i want to know if it is possible to do not share contacts from the general workspace (and from all workspace too). Typically I want   all FO account to be independant from others. Is this thing possible and how to do?

THX ALL for help!

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: Do not share contacts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:30 pm »
Welcome.

Just so I understand your question, may I re-state it and you can tell me if I got it right?

You want to create users in Feng Office, and you want each user to be "standalone".  Each user will have contacts in the system, but no user can see another users contacts.

Is that correct?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

r4is3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:03:45 am »
Hello,

I'm sorry if my english is so bad, but you understand what I mean. Do you have a solution?

THX U

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:49 am »
I notice that there is an "is_private" field in the og_contacts table.  All of mine are set to 0, so it may not be used so far in 1.6.2 (I am not certain).

It would be possible to use that field, or to add a custom property to contacts that would be automatically set to "is_private", but it would require a bit of coding each place that contacts are used.

I am not the most experienced user so someone else may have a better way.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

plan_b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »
kinda an older thread, but is this any thing like the "Can manage all contacts" Permissions for users and groups... I have v1.7.3.1

If so, I don't select it for any users OR groups minus Super Admins (what I like to call as I have a 2nd admin account minus the Can manage all contacts function)

I then, if need be, add the contact to the clients company of a 'lead' person that will be a contact for us.