Author Topic: Permissions for tasks editing  (Read 2931 times)

vasik

• View Profile
Permissions for tasks editing
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:18:14 am »
Hi everybody, is it possible to set permissions, so that only the creator of the taks will be able to edit title, description etc., and the users he added to the task still could add links to the task, edit their own comments etc? Thanks

vasik

• View Profile
Re: Permissions for tasks editing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:46:09 am »
After another look, I think it could be done by simply hiding the edit link for the users who didn't create the task. I suppose it could be done somehow in taskcontroller.class.php, but don't have any idea how to do that.

Is there a way to 1) check if the logged in user is the one who created the task 2) and than display or not display the edit link?

Thanks

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:15:22 pm »
Hello there!
That is right, you cannot edit the permissions that way, unless you tweak the code.
You may know who is the logged user by using the function "logged_user()" and then you may compare its id and then compare it with the  task's information.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

vasik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:27:37 pm »
Hi, thanks for reply! Could you help me more with this? I wasn't able to find out, where each of the task actions like edit, put to trash etc. get generated. I would like to hide just some of the actions. Thanks

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:29:42 pm »
I am not sure by heart, but may be in views/messages/ files

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

vasik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:29 am »
Thanks, I tried that now, and it seems this is not the right file to edit. Any other idea? Thanks