Author Topic: Unable to find the socket transport "tls&quot  (Read 6834 times)

gtorodelvalle

• View Profile
    • Email
Unable to find the socket transport "tls&quot
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:03:51 pm »
Hi guys,

I have just set my email settings to Gmail SMTP (smtp.gmail,com, port: 587, etc.). The thing is that when I try to send a test email message using the provided tool, I get an error indicating that the "Notifier has failed to construct the mailer object".

I set the DEBUG property to true and this is the log message I get:
Session "default" started at 2008-11-30T14:46:23+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to tls://smtp.gmail.com:587 (Unable to find the socket transport &quot;tls&quot; - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in 'C:\Archivos de programa\xampp\htdocs\opengoo\library\swift\lib\Swift\Connection\SMTP.php' on line 149 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.252920866013 seconds

BTW, I'm running OpenGoo over XAMPP.

Could someone tell me some tip to solve this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
                                       Germán Toro.

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unable to find the socket transport &quot;tls&quot
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:27 am »
please keep in mind that email is still beta and there are already some posts in this forum about gmail and opengoo.
we will have to wait some time for the module to get fixed, but it will get fixed ;)

grüße,
soomon

gtorodelvalle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unable to find the socket transport &quot;tls&quot
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:55 am »
Yeah, sorry for my post. I did some searches but it is clear that I didn't use the right keyworlds.

In fact, the most related post I found this very morning is this: http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=190.0
but as someone says in that thread, I didn't manage to make it work either.

We'll continue using Collaber and waiting for a new release of OpenGoo where these issues are solved to try it.

Best regards and nice work,
                                                                        Germán Toro.