Author Topic: Email Thread  (Read 8415 times)

gylf

• View Profile
Email Thread
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:44:48 pm »
Since Email is still in beta, lets try to collect ideas and feature requests about email in one thread.

Webmail apps are pretty popular, so I would suggest checking out some GPL apps which can be added to the "goo" rather then trying to implement many missing features from scratch (IMAP, signatures, etc).  Has anyone looked at: http://roundcube.net ?  Does anyone know of any other PHP/MySQL GPL web applications?

On the other hand, the current email beta is a very good start; maybe it would be better to stick with what's already there?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Email Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 03:27:43 pm »
Looking at how other working email clients work could be of help, but it isn't too easy. If someone worked with an open source PHP email client in the past, you are welcome to give us a hand.

gylf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:40:56 pm »
I was actually referring to just rolling the code right into opengoo, or having the code run separate and just sharing a minimal amount of data (just add a button to associate to workspaces).

I do know PHP and would like to help, but I'm not real familiar with the Ajax GUI library you are using; it seems very complex  :-\

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:28 am »
if you include an external app plz use roundcube =)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:33:20 am by soomon »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:03:43 am »
The e-mail module is coming slow. Anyone wishing to help with coding?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 08:34:15 am »
i'm sorry that's way too high for my php knowledge  :(

matthe81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:40:58 am »
Hi, I dont have enough knowledge of programming applications with php and so on but I can share some ideas. I have testiest out version 1.1 and particularly the E-mail function. Here what I think could be added in next version:

1. Add a config option for outgoing port when you create a e-mail account. Some uses different port when you receive and transmit e-mails.

2. Personal e-mails should only be placed in the personal-folder. Now all e-mail aper in the "All"-folder.

3. I would like to create one or several e-mail accounts for each workspace and sub workspaces. So that each member of a certain workspace could read and reply e-mails incoming to that workspace without anyone has to classify first. And when someone replies, a state could shown at the incoming e-mail that has been replied and by whom.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:21:31 pm »
Roundcube seems to be an really good working webmail client, so why not integrate it into OpenGoo? saves the opengoo much time developing there own webmail. and you can also benefit from the roundcube updates.
Thumps up for the OpenGoo development