Author Topic: Small & easy but helpful task feature request  (Read 4431 times)

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Small & easy but helpful task feature request
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:56:03 pm »
I know this is really minor, but I think would help a lot of people (well, me).

In the Task view, if there is no Group By set, the title above the task list shows up as "Tasks".  This left me scratching my head on numerous occasions wondering why my milestones had disappeared.  Perhaps changing it from "Tasks" to "All Tasks" would be more accurate, and give the dumb user like me a clue as to the fact that their milestones are still there somewhere.

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

bountonw

• View Profile
Re: Small & easy but helpful task feature request
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:43:13 pm »
For task feature requests, I would suggest

1.  The ability to filter by more than two categories, specifically - Workspace AND milestone AND user assigned AND assigning person.

2.  Currently we can filter tasks in two levels of status.  I would suggest adding a third and forth. 1. pending 2. completed, 3. active 4. inactive (meaning the start date is still future).  I have assigned 50 tasks for a project and plotted when each should begin, but they all shop up actively.  Some don't begin for a couple of months. 

3.  The ability to activate a task on completion of its sub-task.  I assign someone to translate a document and I assign the task of editing the document to someone else.  The editor doesn't need to see his task as active until the first task is complete. 

Nuno Zimas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:29 am »
There's another outstanding gap to be covered.
For each task, we shall have several custom task statuses to choose from. That is to say, "Waiting for customer action", "Specs needed", "Postponed", "Canceled".

As with other features, we are willing to sponsor this one :)

Nuno.
OS: GNU/Linux (PCLinuxOS) | Browser: Firefox 3.6.x and Chromium 5.0.x | FengOffice 1.7 RC

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:58:37 pm »
@Pet: Details are what differentiate good apps from bad apps! Observation noted!

@Bountown:
1. Me wantty too!
2. Requested by a Feng Office customer, might get sponsored soon (And I think Nuno contacted Sergio about sponsoring something very similar).
3. Not a bad idea.

@Nuno: Your sponsorship is helping a lot speeding up development. We probably should do a better job to publicly recognize your contribution. Maybe this is a start?

THANK YOU!  ;D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

ryan_98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:29:38 am »
+1 to item #2 of having the ability to customize status

kmilkos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:07:12 am »
Any news on customization of statuses?

Anyone doen it already?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 11:24:59 am »
+1 here as well. :)

maybe also a task type field? bug, feature, change, etc ? (next to the status)

lurdsammie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:43:30 pm »
The ability to create task types and assign to various workspaces will be a very welcome addition.  I used the custom property option to do that but unfortunately its no use as tasks cannot be sorted by these custom properties.

Another important function missing in Feng Office is the ability to assign task to a whole group or couple of groups and hence propagate to all group members.  That will equally be very welcome addition

Sammie