Author Topic: Two contacts with the same name  (Read 4298 times)

jcaragones

• View Profile
Two contacts with the same name
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:28:25 am »
Hi there,

I'm trying to create a contact with the same name of an existing one, I noticed that the program returns an error message.

How can I turn off this validation, since I need to have several contacts with the same name? I think there is a Hook called object_validate but I'm not able to find it anywhere, my intention is to copy the code of this hook and implement a new one that lets me add two or more contacts with the same name.

Where are fengoffice hooks defined (if they are defined somewhere, because in the Hook.class.php there is the fire function and it only executes functions that are defined and exist (function_exists()) and fengoffice_object_validate doesn't exist.

Jesús

gamelodge

• View Profile
Re: Two contacts with the same name
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:51:41 am »
Why would you not be allowed to add 2 contacts with the same first name, it simply does not make sense, in the real world there are many people in an office place with the same name.

julius

• View Profile
Re: Two contacts with the same name
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:04:14 pm »
Hey Guys,

I agree there should be a way to add two contacts with the same name, however there should still be a dialogue box warning. Also the conflict resolution on CSV import is nice, it saves a lot of time when importing form a large contact list with lots of duplicates. However it also kills some contacts that are legit.

The shop I work at recently started using feng and I've been doing a lot of tweaks to make it more user friendly and found the organization of the application to be a little different then what I'm used to seeing in web apps of this sort.

The error is generated from the Contact.class.php file in appliction->models->contacts.

I can't foresee and issues related to making it ok to add contacts with the same name, but it might cause issues with the search function ect.