Author Topic: Contact Management - CRM  (Read 6141 times)

tqr

• View Profile
    • Email
Contact Management - CRM
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:01 pm »
Hi,

I think it will be interesting to have a CRM (customer relationship management) module, connected with EMAIL Module.

But in order to use existing tools, i think openGOO must have connectors with tools like these ones, thunderbird and free sugarCRM.

what do you tink about this proposition ?

TQR

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Contact Management - CRM
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:49:21 am »
We would like to see OpenGoo connecting with many applications. We know some people has been doing it already.

We hope to find the time to work on implementing an API to facilitate this. This is a huge project in itself, though, and one we would like to research well before embarking into.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Code Smoker

• View Profile
Re: Contact Management - CRM
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »
I think advancing OpenGoo towards a CRM solution is closer to being done than incorporating a separate module for CRM.  If you took a CRM app and attached it to OpenGoo, you would have several overlapping functionalities.

We are actually trying to use OpenGoo as a CRM in-house.  The Sales/Marketing Director is entering information and going to evaluate how well it works.  Our goals is to have something simpler than SugarCRM so that everybody in the company will use it. 

With the right thought process, you can use OpenGoo to be many things.  CRM, project management, contact mgmt.  This is a cool design direction.  It just takes an organizer to put the right elements in place to create the solution.  Hey, maybe some OpenGoo "applications" or "templates" would be in order.

At the moment testing OG for CRM we have each company as a separate workspace with the staff of the companies as contacts.  Tags are used to categorize the companies by size, sales opportunity, etc.  Haven't tried reporting yet, but hopefully, S&M will be able to select, find, and report on what they need too.

More to come..  Keep Gooing!

David
Let's Goo!

David W.