Author Topic: Tracking notes, tasks, comments ...  (Read 2234 times)

choiceoutsource

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tracking notes, tasks, comments ...
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:39 am »
Hello,

How do you guys keep a track of unanswered comments? In my staff we have too many tasks going on at the same time and I use the comments to ask for an update and discuss about some particular task but we got like 30-50 conversation going at same time and if one of them is not answered I easily forget about it.

There are comments I expect an answer and others that I dont, so would be nice to see something like a star or track it button next to each task/comment where I can add it to my favorites or some kind of to do list so I can easily track the unanswered comments.

At the moment, for every task I comment and expect an answer I add a subtask assigned to me saying something like "commented" so I can filter all tasks assigned to me and not completed to track these unanswered comments but I found it a pain in the ass doing every time.

Would be nice as well some kind of email me button where the system email me the task URL so I can let it starred on my inbox.

Do you guys have any suggestion on how to do this easily with the current script features?

selyay

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking notes, tasks, comments ...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:59:18 am »
doesn't subscribing solve this.
an read email notification email means you don't read that comment

choiceoutsource

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:04:29 pm »
If no one answer my comment I will never get that email to track it. That is the problem, how to keep track of unanswered comments. You can copy the task URL to some kind of personal to do list but would be nice to see that inside the system ...

alexc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:52:55 pm »
Haven't used FO for that long, but I think that you can just look at the list of tasks in 'tasks' tab and look for the blue dot next to the tasks that have been commented on but unread....

You might also be able to apply a custom tag to the ones you want to look out for, then just filter by those.

This is definitely where a custom status option for tasks would come in handy...

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:17:39 pm »
Alexc_33 answer is right.
Personally, I make use of tags!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!