Author Topic: Notifications do not work after upgrade to 1.7.2.  (Read 8832 times)

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
Notifications do not work after upgrade to 1.7.2.
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:34:20 am »
After upgrading to 1.7.2 I lost notifications :(
Also I can't send test message from tools (...index.php?c=administration&a=tool_test_email)

Before upgrade it works perfect and I do not change any email settings

Additional Information: Then I try to send testmail I've got following in php.log

Session "default" started at 2010-10-08T13:25:04+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed in 'ХХХХХ\application\models\notifier\Notifier.class.php' on line 630 (error code: 2)

I've created incident in your bug-tracker 0000128

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Notifications do not work after upgrade to 1.7.2.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 04:02:50 am »
Hm... I try different mail settings (SMTP on/off, auth on/off etc) and found:
1) Testmail from admin's tools never sends :(
2) A mail from mass mailer (invisible by default in admin's tools) is sending correctly!!!
3) The notifications still down... But table queued_emails has a fresh notification and I run cron.php manually

I do not understand how to manage this bug  ???
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:10:36 am by supadoctor »

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:29 am »
UPDATE: downgraded Swift library to 2.1.17 (comes with FO 1.6.2) -
* testmail is OK
* notifications is OK but doesn't support html tags

The solution is near !!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:49:42 am by supadoctor »

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 11:26:43 am »
It strange but I could not run the email notifications with new version of Swift and new Notifier.class.php.

As result: I downgrade both (Swift lib and Notifier.class.php) from 1.6.2 and change plain format of emails to html.

Notifications works again, but whole situations should be investigated !

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:33 am »
I have the problem with Swift that goes in FengOffce 1.7.2 and PHP 5.3, but on PHP 5.2 all works normally, so try to downgrade php, maybe it helps.

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:47:42 am »
Thanx to Murz for advice but downgrade PHP to 5.2 didn't help me, unfortunately...

brg

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:17 am »
Hello!

Try in Administration -> Configuration -> Mailing -> Mail transport  set "SMTP server" and configure other smtp settings.

I have problems with "Default PHP settings" (Send transport in Swift), but i set Sendmail transport for Switft and notifications are OK, but testmail failed =)

supadoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 05:12:29 am »
brg, thanx for advice but I'm already use the SMTP server for sending notifications...
elaboration: do you use SMTP authorization?

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 04:23:11 am »
I remember, that notification worked in an early version (1.6.x), but now I got the same problem.

maybe this helps from the log-file:

Code: [Select]
Session "default" started at 2010-10-21T06:44:17+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
    error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number in
    'C:\xampp\htdocs\fengoffice\library\swift\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\StreamBuffer.php' on line 233 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: Failed to enable crypto in
    'C:\xampp\htdocs\fengoffice\library\swift\lib\classes\Swift\Transport\StreamBuffer.php' on line 233 (error code: 2)
#3 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to tls://mail.gmx.net:25 (Unknown error) in
Time since start: 1.0626440048218 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session "default" started at 2010-10-21T07:04:27+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed in
    'C:\xampp\htdocs\fengoffice\application\models\notifier\Notifier.class.php' on line 630 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
    error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number in
#3 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: Failed to enable crypto in
#4 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to tls://mail.gmx.net:25 (Unknown error) in
Time since start: 0.46366000175476 seconds

The first seems to be the attempt of notification of an envent <New document uploaded to workspace>, the second is the try to test mail notification.
Different SMTP-configurations were tested for hours and cross-checked with telnet and other stuff. This time I tried - as you can see - with gmx:port 25 tls, as I use it with my mail-Client <Thunderbird>. I tried it as well with googlemail. Same problem.

Looking forward to an helpful answer.
Nethertheless, great work, this fengoffice! I like it.

markus

brg

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 04:32:17 am »
Yep, I am try configure send mail from SMTP server .. same logs =(
Our server required authorization with TLS (StartTLS) .. same errors.

At this time I modified Notifier.class.php function getMailer()
instead
Swift_Mailer::newInstance(Swift_MailTransport::newInstance());I set
return Swift_Mailer::newInstance(Swift_SendmailTransport::newInstance());
This decision is due to this bug http://www.fengoffice.com/web/bugs/view.php?id=101

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:28 am »
Ok, I have checked the Mantis-bug-list, and found some activities on this problem.

So, I should wait for the next version? Hate to use the term 'urgent' in this case, but ... any idea, when I can download the new version?

Thanx
markus

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »
Guys, the solution has been posted here about a month ago.. I thought you would have already seen it by now!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:17 am »
Francisco,

yes, I have seen it; I have tried it ... in my case it did not work.

The only way I solved the problem was the idea of supadoctor (Thanx!!) in Re: Notifications do not work after upgrade to 1.7.2.:

swift back down to 2.1.17
Notification.class.php to down to 1.7

As far as I could see in a comparison view of my editor, you had to modify your Notifier.class.php significantly in order to use the new version of swift (4.0.6). Maybe this modification causes the problems.

markus

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 01:19:10 pm »
Exactly, we have had some problems with these, but they have been fixed for the next version.. notifications do work wonderful there hehe

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 06:51:28 am »
Many Thanks for you reply.

So there is only one single question left ...... Where is your roadmap?   ::)

cheers
markus