Author Topic: 1.7.2 Email Issue  (Read 10162 times)

GregW

• View Profile
1.7.2 Email Issue
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have updated to Feng Office 1.7.2 and used it successfully for last 2 weeks or so. Unfortunately, 2 days ago whole email module stopped working as it should.

Trying to sync IMAP accounts gives:
"Error: Invalid synchronization settings. Cannot establish a connection with the server"

Editing/creating email account gives:
"Error: NO, [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed."

Testing mail settings (Tools -> Test Mail) gives:
"Fatal error: Call to a member function getFieldBody() on a non-object in /home/thelike1/public_html/office/library/swift/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php on line 133"

While debugging (log.php):
#1 ERROR: Error: imap_open() [<a href='function.imap-open'>function.imap-open</a>]: Couldn't open stream {mail.server.com:993/imap/ssl}INBOX.Sent in '/home/server/public_html/office/environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php' on line 969 (error code: 2

or
#1 ERROR: ERROR SENDING EMAIL: #0 /home/server/public_html/office/library/swift/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(252): Swift_Transport_Esmtp_AuthHandler->afterEhlo(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport))

I was so happy with real IMAP in Feng Office so I jumped right on it when I have realized it's there.
By the way, I have tried really ALL setting combinations (SSL on/off, SMTP authentication on/off, both IMAP and POP, various ports, setting mailing options to use default PHP and custom SMTPs) on several email accounts (even create test account on my hosting). I have been successfully using Feng Office for at least half a year on this installation (previous versions) and settings were not changed (other than IMAP ports in emails but they worked fine for 2 weeks).

Of course all emails tested work fine with any other email client (tried Outlook, Thunderbird and Gmail POP3).

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Grzegorz.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1.7.2 Email Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:17:33 pm »
Hello there, welcome to Feng Office boards!
It is very odd that everything worked fine for 2 weeks, and then suddenly did not..
You ought to check if the server hosting your Feng Office application has blocked the ports you need to connect to your mail server, because you seem to have an authentification problem. Please try that out, and let us know how did it go
Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

GregW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:28:02 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Of course it is very odd, unfortunately - I have already checked both mail server and server hosting providers and they are claiming nothing was changed. Going further, Feng Office is not the only application installed on that server that uses email authentication from very same mail server but it's the only one that encounters problems.

Also I have found at least 2 topics here on the forum from people having similar issues after updating to 1.7.2. This error makes me wonder too:
"Fatal error: Call to a member function getFieldBody() on a non-object in /home/thelike1/public_html/office/library/swift/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php on line 133"

I think I will try creating another installation on the same server and check if it works there.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:49:38 am »
I still do not understand how did you manage to work with the 1.7.2 version for 2 weeks in a row without changing anything at all, and suddenly stopped working..

Anyway, if you still have those issues, check if these threads help at all:

http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4821.0
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4886.0

By the way, regarding the test mail tools, there was a bug there because of the changes we made in a library, but it has already been fixed for the next version.

Best regards,
Francisco

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

pri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:50:45 am »
Of course it is very odd, unfortunately - I have already checked both mail server and server hosting providers and they are claiming nothing was changed. Going further, Feng Office is not the only application installed on that server that uses email authentication from very same mail server but it's the only one that encounters problems.

Also I have found at least 2 topics here on the forum from people having similar issues after updating to 1.7.2. This error makes me wonder too:

Exactly the same problem here. Installed Feng Office (no update) about a week ago. Everything was working fine, then email notifications suddenly stopped working. No changes to the system and email is working fine for all other vhosts on our server.

The mail module is deactivated as we don't need it.

When trying to send a test mail via Admin/Tools I just get "Error 500: Internal Server Error" from Feng Office and the above mentioned error message in the apache error log file.

I also had the issue mentioned in http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4780.msg18043#msg18043 ("PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Swift_Mailer::close() in /srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php on line 708") which I could fix like explained in that post.

Admin/Mass Mail is working.

Any solutions? Feng Office seemed like perfect for us. But without notifications it's pretty useless.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:55:56 am by pri »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:59:08 am »
Read my post above, I guess we both were posting almost at the same time heh

Best regards,
Francisco

pri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:00 am »
Read my post above, I guess we both were posting almost at the same time heh

I did, but none of these posts did help.

cache/log.php:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Session "default" started at 2010-11-02T12:50:02+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: from in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php' on line 692 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.15363883972168 seconds

btw, when searching I get:
Session "default" started at 2010-11-02T12:54:14+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 4 for SearchController::searchWorkspaces(), called in /srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php on line 41 and defined in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 113 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: page in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 117 (error code: 8)
#3 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 4 for SearchController::searchUsers(), called in /srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php on line 42 and defined in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 131 (error code: 2)
#4 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: page in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 135 (error code: 8)
#5 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 4 for SearchController::searchContacts(), called in /srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php on line 43 and defined in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 78 (error code: 2)
#6 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: page in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 88 (error code: 8)
#7 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: page in '/srv/www/vhosts/8004-fengoffice/htdocs/application/controllers/SearchController.class.php' on line 99 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.14708805084229 seconds

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:37:45 am »
Actually those problems in your log are minor and would not affect at all the email module. They have already been fixed for next version though.

May be any other relevant info? Check it out there

Best regards,
Francisco

pri

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:27 am »
I'm getting email notifications again after turning off cron notifications and reminders.
However, cron.php is called as it should be, but no mails were sent...

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:36 am »
Are you sure the Cron is running as it should then? May be you have a problem there.. as I said above, look for relevant info in the log and you may also check your database records.

Best regards,
Francisco

pri

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:03:04 am »
Are you sure the Cron is running as it should then? May be you have a problem there.. as I said above, look for relevant info in the log and you may also check your database records.

Cron is running correctly and calling cron.php every minute as I can see in Apache's access log. In Feng Office's log.php there are no further error messages

Which database records can I check?

Nuno Zimas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 01:58:01 pm »
Same issue here.

When trying to manually process the outbox, I am getting this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imap_open() in /feng/environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php on line 969
OS: GNU/Linux (PCLinuxOS) | Browser: Firefox 3.6.x and Chromium 5.0.x | FengOffice 1.7 RC

Nuno Zimas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »
Setting "Enable IMAP synchronization when sending emails from Feng Office:" in the Mailing section under administration apparently did the trick (or at least the fatal error is gone).
OS: GNU/Linux (PCLinuxOS) | Browser: Firefox 3.6.x and Chromium 5.0.x | FengOffice 1.7 RC

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:19:14 pm »
Have you added the right fields specified in those other threads? Because the ones you need for IMAP synchronization were missing, and thats why you may have had that problem

Best regards,
Francisco