Author Topic: Buggy upgrade 1.7 to 1.72  (Read 5201 times)

cloo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • cloo
Buggy upgrade 1.7 to 1.72
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:01:19 pm »
Somehow autoupgrade message did appear, so I took the chance and upgraded.
Some things went wrong:
1. Two empty tabs are loaded on every interface reload
2. Email module not accessible
3. Details of some tasks are not accessible
I didn`t search for more errors. Yet replacing the whole FO installation with the 1.72 manually does not fix it. So I think the database is broken.

I filmed the new weird behaviour there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLIV-gZZO3Y

Do you think it`s fixable without restoring an old database backup?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Buggy upgrade 1.7 to 1.72
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:36:13 pm »

Hello, first of all, before upgrading you should ALWAYS make a back up in case of anything going wrong, as we advice.
Regarding the problems you have, they are not common as we also don't look forward to adding new issues, but anyway, have you already tried making a new installation from zero and importing the current database to it? What does the log.php file say?
Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

weilies

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:43:23 pm »
upgrade issue 1.7 to 1.72

Error in server error log
"[Mon Sep 27 10:36:08 2010] [crit] [client 220.255.0.60] (13)Permission denied: /home/astudio1/public_html/office/public/upgrade/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable"

page loaded without any tab.... (attachment)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:07:12 pm »
Have you both done the following?

- Clear cache and cookies
- Set permissions to 777 for folders as suggested everywhere
- Disable modewrite in .htaccess
- Delete autoloader and regenerate
- Check if the database tables match with the newest version
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

weilies

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:56:12 am »
here the installation guide from readme
    Upgrade instructions
    ====================

1. Backup you current installation (important!)
    2. Download Feng Office 1.7 - http://fengoffice.com/web/community/
    3. Unpack into your Feng Office installation, overwriting your previous files and folders,
       but keeping your config and upload folders.
    5. Go to <your_feng>/public/upgrade in your browser and choose to upgrade
       from your current version to 1.7
    6. Refresh your browser or clear its cache to load new javascript, css and images.   

nothing mention bout
\- Set permissions to 777 for folders as suggested everywhere
- Disable modewrite in .htaccess
- Delete autoloader and regenerate

moreover, setting all folder access to 777 isn't that risky?? are you sure?

weilies

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:12:23 am »
cleared cache

Run Upgrade (not sure it's finished? coz no success message, browser jz stopped)

clear cache again

try login (success) but no workspace shown (attached image)

Error msg
Session "default" started at 2010-09-29T14:06:34+0000
#1 DEBUG: SQL ERROR: Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'last_error_date' in 'field list'' - SELECT `id`, `user_id`, `name`, `email`, `email_addr`, `password`, `server`, `smtp_server`, `is_imap`, `incoming_ssl`, `incoming_ssl_port`, `smtp_port`, `smtp_use_auth`, `smtp_username`, `smtp_password`, `del_from_server`, `outgoing_transport_type`, `last_checked`, `is_default`, `signature`, `workspace`, `sender_name`, `last_error_date`, `last_error_msg`, `sync_addr`, `sync_server`, `sync_pass`, `sync_ssl`, `sync_ssl_port`, `sync_folder` FROM `og_mail_accounts` WHERE `id` = '1'
#2 FATAL: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'last_error_date' in 'field list''' in /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php:386
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(285): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('SELECT `id`, `u...', NULL)
    #1 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(179): AbstractDBAdapter->executeOne('SELECT `id`, `u...', NULL)
    #2 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/dataaccess/DataManager.class.php(456): DB::executeOne('SELECT `id`, `u...')
    #3 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/dataaccess/DataManager.class.php(426): DataManager->loadRow('1')
    #4 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/dataaccess/DataManager.class.php(330): DataManager->load('1', false)
    #5 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/application/models/mail_accounts/base/BaseMailAccounts.class.php(185): DataManager->findById('1', false)
    #6 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/application/models/mail_accounts/base/BaseMailAccounts.class.php(187): BaseMailAccounts->findById('1', false)
    #7 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/application/layouts/website.php(227): BaseMailAccounts->findById('1')
    #8 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/template/Template.class.php(85): include('/home/astudio1/...')
    #9 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/template/Template.class.php(73): Template->includeTemplate('/home/astudio1/...')
    #10 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/template/template.php(47): Template->display('/home/astudio1/...')
    #11 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(139): tpl_display('/home/astudio1/...')
    #12 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(98): PageController->renderLayout('/home/astudio1/...', '')
    #13 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(63): PageController->render()
    #14 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/classes/Env.class.php(162): PageController->execute('index')
    #15 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/init.php(163): Env::executeAction('access', 'index')
    #16 /home/astudio1/public_html/office/index.php(9): require('/home/astudio1/...')
    #17 {main}
#3 ERROR: Error: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/astudio1/public_html/office/application/layouts/website.php:6) in '/home/astudio1/public_html/office/environment/functions/general.php' on line 374 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.16012811660767 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:10:49 pm by weilies »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »
I am sorry, please do not get me wrong, I copy-pasted my last post from a different topic, so ignore the "as suggested everywhere". You have to chmod to 777 for the Apache user for the cache, tmp, config and upload folders  in order to have the right permissions to run the application
Regarding the upgrade, it does take several minutes to do it.. you will see the screen changing once the upgrade has been done successfully, but you have to be a bit patient.
Best regards,
Francisco

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 04:10:07 pm »
I had the same, after upgrading feng acted weird saying I had unsent mails in outbox (must have been there for a year, I have email disabled), and feng opens on a new tab called "new tab".

the problem started when I upgraded and it said do you want to upgrade from 1.6.2 (I was using 1.7 though). The install couldn't finish because of the DB error.

When I reinstalled the old 1.7 files I get missing lang.js in every tab and workspace.

Needed to backup DB and all was fine, back to 1.7 BUT the config folder has a version file saying 1.6.2 !
Could that be the problem in upgrading ?
I never had an error on upgrading to 1.7, but still this file might confuse the updater?

Niels

xbert

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »
Hi Officers,

experienced the same Problem. Had to manually apply some changes on the database.

Pls look at my solution here: http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4762.msg18228#msg18228