Author Topic: Repeated notification / confirmation sent by e-mail....(problem BUG ?)  (Read 4843 times)

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm having the following Problem:

I created an event, I'm subscribed to it, and I invited a second user to attend to it.

Few days later this second user responded with a positive answer 'YES, wil attend' to the event ,so  I got the confirmation mail.

THE PROBLEM, since this action, I'm getting like dozens of copies of this confirmation mail.

I now unsubscribed to this event, to see what happens.. I'll report the result (I hope this will  stop the sending of these notification mails)  

Is this a punctual problem or a general BUG?

In another event creation with invitation and confirmation, i just got one notification mail.

Cheers

PS: Even afeter unsubscribing I continue to get the notification mails.  I do not want do delete the event, since other users are dependent from it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:55:39 pm by abanabanana »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Repeated notification / confirmation sent by e-mail....(problem BUG ?)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:38:22 pm »
Hello! We are aware of a similar bug but which version are you using?
Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:55:44 pm »
hello, version 1.7

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »
If my memory serves me right, you should recieve two emails saying someone has accepted/rejected an event invitation whenever they confirm this through their emails. I am afraid to say this bug has not been fixed yet, but we are aware of its existence!
Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 03:05:56 pm »
well, I counted like 30 mails till now, more or less...

but apperently this does not happen with all events containng invitation.

another event wich was accepted by the other user, deliverd something like 6 repeated mails... 

i will do some test in the next days, to check some systematics in the bug.

cheers

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »
Uhm I personally knew about recieving 2 per acceptance/rejection.. but not 30! Any chance the user clicked tons of times the Accept/Reject link? Either way, if you happen to do more testings to get more feedback, it would be great! Thanks!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »
here a screenshot of my e-mail account and the content of a notification mail, just  to get an idea of the mails which are repeatedly coming in... it's practically like this every day...

i will now delete the event.. this should really take care of the problem, heheh (although it should not be the long term solution)

cheers

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30:39 am »
All right thanks for providing those pictures. It does call my attention though that a couple of emails were recieved at 18:35 and the others at different intervals, being 19:50, 19:51 and 19:54, but either way, we look forward to fixing it!
Greetings!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
i deleted the event now, but the notifications, that the user accepted the invitation, do not stop arriving as e-mails....

how can i 'hardcore' terminate this

:-)
cheers

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »
In thunderbird, create a new message rule

subject matches:

Event invitation response: Basisseminar:

Set it to auto delete

If you want to be perfectly specific, include the exact subject line of the email. I would have stated that but there was no way I was going to type all that by hand.

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »
well, thank you for the idea, i would have thought of that myself, but:
1. does feng office have spam rules? cause I do only use fengoffice for those mails, and even adding the rules in thunderbird do not prevent them form arriving at fengoffice

2. i do not want to add another rule for each new event with invitation i create.

that's all

but thank you for the idea anyhow, i think i will have to add some filter on the spanservice of our server provider

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 06:31:35 am »
Yeah, I just figured that in the interim till it was fixed that would help a bit.