Author Topic: Is it possible to syncronize a Google Calendar with a Feng Office Calendar?  (Read 6024 times)

Mirna Bajraj

• View Profile
    • Email
I am a new user. I'd like to know whether I can import my Google Calendar into Feng Office.
Tks

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it possible to syncronize a Google Calendar with a Feng Office Calendar?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:51:38 pm »
Yes, you can import your Google Calendar to Feng Office's

Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

piraquive

• View Profile
    • Email
But how can i do it ?.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You have to enable the option in the Administration Panel, looking for Calendar settings. Once you go to the Calendar view, you may notice a red calendar button on the right, if you click there, you would be able to see a link that you would need to syncronize - one way only though -.
Otherwise, export the Feng events to a file, and upload the file later to Google Calendar.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

CynthiaMblain

• View Profile
    • Email
I have synchronized Google calendar with the help of the instruction provided above. But still I want to ask , Is there any security issues related to the use Google calendar.

hrickh

• Freshman
    • View Profile
You have to enable the option in the Administration Panel, looking for Calendar settings. Once you go to the Calendar view, you may notice a red calendar button on the right, if you click there, you would be able to see a link that you would need to syncronize - one way only though -.
Otherwise, export the Feng events to a file, and upload the file later to Google Calendar.

Best regards,
Francisco
Is this option disabled in Beta 3? Calendar view has no red button anywhere in Beta 3.

R.
==

gain

• Freshman
    • View Profile
That's what works for me:
- go to google calendar
- go to calendar settings (icon on top right > "Calendar settings")
- select "Caledars" tab
- click on the calendar you want to export
- click on private address ical and download the basic.ics file
- go to fengoffice
- go to the calendar tab
- from "Import/Export" (first dropdown from the right) select "Import"
- browse your computer to the basic.ics file previous downloaded

I'm also trying to add a part in "Cron events" that import a Zimbra calendar from the shared link (with authentication too), but times are wrong cause I can't understand how to manage timezone and daylight... so I'm reluctant in publishin it yet...

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Feng Office 2.0 RC and Final version both count with the possibilty to fully synchronize with Google Calendar, whereas 1.7.5 did not.

You would have to go to 'Calendar' tab and set it up through 'Sync' button.

Remember to set up the crons! Check my signature for more info!

Best regards,
Francisco